ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I really need help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TTMY
Newly Registered

I really need help

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 pm

I knew my case would be a bit different from others. But I really need help from all of you .

As I was married by forced just a few week before i came to UK alone as a student visa, I had divorced last year. I am fall in love with my british boyfriend since before divorced. Now, we want to marry in UK. He knew about my previous marriage. But he doesn't want me to declare in COA as he doesn't want my previously divorced in our marriage record. Is there possible if i do not declare my secret divorced when i apply COA form. I am here for three years with student visa and my student visa will expire on Oct this year.

P.S As i didn't want to marry the person in my home town, therefore i applied a student visa as a single. My question is Will authorities consider of I am still single when i apply for COA as a single? or ANY Consequences.

Very please if you guys reply and advice.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:58 pm

When did you marry?
When were you divorced?
Did you formally register the marriage with the govt. in the country where it (marriage) took place?
Was the divorce granted by court?
When did you apply for entry clearance as a student?

Not just for CoA, you may have to declare information about your previous marriage in a leave to enter/remain immigration application.

See also CoA to be abolished from 09-May-11
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

TTMY
Newly Registered

please help

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:35 pm

I would like to know what would be the best option? Honestly, we both would like to marry soon before my visa expires. We want to be together.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Married Nov 2007, Applied entry clearance Jan 2008 as a single and didn't declare 'married',
left the country alone to study Feb 2008 and received divorced May 2010. i didn't live together with that person.

Now, I met my boyfriend in 2009 and still we are in relationship.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:45 pm

If possible, i would like to leave it this case secretly as a personal. It was a really mistake what I did. be honest, I do not want to declare not only for COA but also for Marriage visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:00 pm

To not disclose a material fact is "deception". You have already used deception in the entry clearance application (claiming to be single when you were not).

Whether or not you declare the previous marriage / divorce in an immigration application, either way it will again be "deception".

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:04 pm

TTMY wrote:If possible, i would like to leave it this case secretly as a personal. It was a really mistake what I did. be honest, I do not want to declare not only for COA but also for Marriage visa.
Don't know any lie u tell HO wouldn't go well if they find out. You will breaking the law when you go and register your marriage in the council>

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:04 pm

What should I do then? if i do not declare, how can they find out about previous marriage? If i don't marry here, I can't marry in my country. Not allowed to marry with foreign national. I am in time limitation.

Best advice please.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Can anyone give the best solution for my difficulties? I am very pleased if you can. To make annulment is impossible due to the law in my country. That's why i though better not to declare and stick with what i said as single in entry clearance. What do you think, guys?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:49 pm

If you don't declare it on the COA - that's deception to the Home Office.

If you then also don't delcare it to the registrar - that's deception in your giving notice - which would, in turn, make your new marriage invalid.

Really. Be honest.

M.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Thank you for your advice. Even if i declare, HO knew that i am single then now i declare i am divorced. Is that fair enough? Any other option?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Only 2 options:
1. Keep on lying .. time and again .... to hide the previous lies!
2. Tell the truth .. once!

Take a pick.

No one can tell you how long you will remain "lucky" if you keep on lying OR if you will not be penalized for telling the truth now!
Last edited by geriatrix on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:06 pm

You've got yourself into a very difficult situtation by lying in your student visa application. You told the Home Office you were single then, which means if you now declare you are divorced, the deception will be evident.
If you have been living with your boyfriend for at least 2 years I could suggest you apply for an Unmarried Partner Visa (originally introduced for those who were unable to divorce in their own country). However, when you apply for the visa you would still have the problem of giving false information. The decision is yours, but I would strongly suggest that you seek legal advice before you do something you may regret for the rest of your life.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:15 pm

thank you again.

My boyfriend also told me the same thing. Again, I want to know one thing. HO people how do they process the marriage application? In COA form, i have to agree the disclosure of my personal documentations in UK and also to my home country. What does it mean actually? What are they going to do with my personal documentations.

Very pleased for all of your helps.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Thank you "casa"

Me and my boyfriend are not living together as he lives in outside london and I live in london as I am studying in college. We meet once a week and have always contact each other every day on phone.

Does it mean I am not entitled to apply 'unmarried partner visa' or i can still apply? If yes, what requirements do I need to apply?

Thank you

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:27 pm

We are in relationship for over 2 years, of course. And also, we have joint bank account. Will it be helpful?

or other option? Can we marry in singapore? Will it be better solution?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:01 pm

To qualify leave to enter / remain as unmarried partner, you must have been living together with your sponsor for at least 2 years in a relationship akin to marriage. Being in a relationship is not sufficient.

You can marry anywhere you are legally allowed to do so, as long as the marriage is legal and valid as per the laws of the country where it is solemnized.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Thank you sushdmehta

My situation is that he doesn't has a job yet and i am supporting myself just enough. Therefore, we didn't have chance to live together. if there is something possibility for us, I am looking forward the useful guidelines please. To prove that, we have only joint bank account and phone contact.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 pm

TTMY wrote:Thank you sushdmehta

My situation is that he doesn't has a job yet and i am supporting myself just enough. Therefore, we didn't have chance to live together. if there is something possibility for us, I am looking forward the useful guidelines please. To prove that, we have only joint bank account and phone contact.
perhaps you should clarify your question as it is unclear.

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:45 pm

hi greenie,

What i meant is that living together with my boy firend is impossible at the moment. He lives in country side and i am in london. He doesn't have a job to support himself to live in london. I m studying in london.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:28 pm

TTMY wrote:hi greenie,

What i meant is that living together with my boy firend is impossible at the moment. He lives in country side and i am in london. He doesn't have a job to support himself to live in london. I m studying in london.
In that case you will not meet the requirements of the unmarried partner visa. It seems your only option if you wish to stay here on the basis of your relationship is to marry. However you will need to show an intention to live together permanently when you apply for leave on the basis of your marriage. When will you be able to live together?

You also need to show you have sufficient maintenance and accomodation. Are you working? Is your partner looking for work? Do either of you have any savings?

I suggest you read read through relevant guidance

TTMY
Newly Registered

Post by TTMY » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:52 pm

As soon as he got a house for himself, we will live together. It means that his father has plan to buy a house for us. Yes, he is still looking for a job urgently. I have a part time job in london but i can work full time on holiday. We do not have much saving.

My other only option would be extension visa with one year degree course as while i am waiting for my assignment results from college now. The reason why I confuse to go to university is even if i got degree, i do not have chance to apply PSW. so what is the point if i continue education in UK.