ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

re:ILR under long residence (10 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sindhe1

re:ILR under long residence (10 yr.)

Post by sindhe1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 pm

I GOT 2 years to qualify for ILR.i have been here asa student since 2003. Do u think they can abolish the 10yrs rule? Or they can add things like...voluntary work and show academic qualification to it? N by getting ILR, Can u leave uk straight away and come bak after 1-2 years or u have to stay here atleast a few months before leaving to ur country? Pls help, i need help from those who got their Ilr..Thank you..N also i applied for visa twice in the last day n home office got my passport the next day when am illegal n still got my visa. Am i on the safe side? :)

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: re:ILR under long residence (10 yr.)

Post by Aryan2013 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:07 pm

sindhe1 wrote:I GOT 2 years to qualify for ILR.i have been here asa student since 2003. Do u think they can abolish the 10yrs rule? Or they can add things like...voluntary work and show academic qualification to it? N by getting ILR, Can u leave uk straight away and come bak after 1-2 years or u have to stay here atleast a few months before leaving to ur country? Pls help, i need help from those who got their Ilr..Thank you..N also i applied for visa twice in the last day n home office got my passport the next day when am illegal n still got my visa. Am i on the safe side? :)
some of your question's are beyond my comprehension but i'll reply on 10 yrs rule and the answer is NO ONE KNOWS!!!!!

You need to wait and watch and if HO plans to change anything, they will consult, you need to take part in the consultation, let them know your views and may be form a lobby group to lobby against the rule changes :)

sindhe1

re:ILR

Post by sindhe1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:12 pm

Ok thanks..i always watch for it but its this forum its more fun to know frm past ILR holders..Anyway do u know a proper link to download the SAR form..I cant get it from the home office website...I still have 2 years to go to be 10 yrs here...But seems i hv to go bak if i cnt work 20 hrs...they wud hv to change the rule..its too much for employers,college n studnts..thx

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: re:ILR

Post by Aryan2013 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:29 pm

sindhe1 wrote:Ok thanks..i always watch for it but its this forum its more fun to know frm past ILR holders..Anyway do u know a proper link to download the SAR form..I cant get it from the home office website...I still have 2 years to go to be 10 yrs here...But seems i hv to go bak if i cnt work 20 hrs...they wud hv to change the rule..its too much for employers,college n studnts..thx
I don't know any form called SAR form, although there is a sticky on how to request a SAR!!

tulip4500

hi

Post by tulip4500 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 pm

i think there is no such thing called SAR form.
but if you want SAR file, you will need to send your ID such as Driving Licence photo copy to a specific address (on HO website) with a Cheque of £10 then they will send you SAR file.