ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sample cover letter for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rohanbhargava
Newly Registered

Sample cover letter for ILR

Post by rohanbhargava » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Hello all,

I am applying for my ILR next week. Is there a sample cover letter that someone can point me to?

Many thanks,
Rohan

tulip4500

hi

Post by tulip4500 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:18 am

i would suggest write your own way....

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:56 pm

What is the covering letter for? Who should we address it to? I was thinking the From we fill in is enough!

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Gopaalan wrote:What is the covering letter for? Who should we address it to? I was thinking the From we fill in is enough!
yes normally there is no need for covering letter. its a personal choice as that makes some people more comfortable. covering letter should be submitted when there are some exceptional circumstances which can not be explained in SET(O) form....

tulip4500

hi

Post by tulip4500 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:12 pm

cover letter

you can write

to HOME OFFICE

Date

Subject: Application for Indefinite / VISA
Dear Sir/ Madam,

......................this is to inform you that I am interested to apply for ...... and i have attached the SET .... form with the following document.s.....

1. Passport
2. Photos
3. Bank Statement
4. .....

I would be grateful if you would kindly approve my application and return my passport at your earliest convenience.

Thank you./..................

Yours.................

Name
Date of Birth
Address
Phone
Nationality

"this is just a example cover letter..........."

zebra3

letter

Post by zebra3 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:09 am

I dont think there is a need to attach a covering letter with your application unless you have some documents missing and you need to explain to the UKBA why and when you planing to send them.

Hope that helps