ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship Licence ongoing application since 15 January 11

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

slobodar
Newly Registered

Sponsorship Licence ongoing application since 15 January 11

Post by slobodar » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi,

I am currently on PSW which expires in the beginning of May 2011. My employer has applied for Sponsorship Licence on 15 January 2011, 3 weeks latter we had a surprise visit from UKBA. Everything was ok in regards with checking our HR systems and the company history. Unfortunately the procedure is still under way!!! My employer is calling the UKBA and sending them letters enquiring about the progress of the application every week for the last 4 weeks. He got always the same reply, and suggestion that he needs to wait.

Is this a normal waiting time for Sponsorship Licence?
How long does it take for COS to be issued?

I am afraid I wont meet the deadline to apply for TIER 2 (General) by the last day of the expiration of my visa. I am planing to apply for TIER 2(General), get refused and than appeal in order to "buy some time" until my company gets the Sponsorship Licence and CoS. Than I can make new application with all documents needed.

Can anyone suggest alternative way.

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi there, I think we are in same boat. My visa will also be expiring in May and my employer has just send a sponsor licence application in end of March. Not really sure I will make it before time.

I am also planning to apply for tier 2 general without COS number in case I cant make it in time :(

But as we r in same boat, I will let you know if any thing new comes up. Please let me know of any reply from them regarding the sponsor application.

Is it really usual procedure for the UKBA to visit a company like that.
Just wondering if anyone know.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:25 pm

Yes, it's perfectly normal for the UKBA to visit a company prior to granting them a sponsor licence. They try to do it in most cases now. They can also visit post-licence without warning (very unusual to visit without warning prior to licence being granted).

psw2009
Member of Standing

same here

Post by psw2009 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:31 pm

hi

i am in the same boat as well, my employer is going to apply for license next week and i am planning to switch from psw to tier 2 general in july please do share your experience if any news.

Thanks

taherul16
Newly Registered

Post by taherul16 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:20 am

Hi slobodar, psw2009, mm0909

My employer recently applied for tier 2 General licence. Few days back we have been notified that the visiting officer will come to interview both my employer and 2 migrant employees of the company. They are coming on the 9th of May.

As you guys have already had that interview, can you please tell what they ask to (1) employer and (2) employee

any help will be greatly appreciated.

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:43 am

Hi

for a private Limited company which 4 documents could my employer sent out from the following

at the moment they are planning to send the below documents in boldfont can you please let me know if these documents will be enough

Documents To be sent Not applicable to this organisation
Audited Annual Accounts Governing Body Registration
Franchise Agreement
CQC (England) Cert
CSCI Certificate
RQIA (NI) Cert
CSSIW (Wales) Cert
SCRC(Scotland) Cert

Help on this question (opens in a new window)

Secondary documents The following documents are secondary and you may send them with your application. Documents To be sent Not applicable to this organisation
Corporate/Business Bank Statement
Supporting Letter from Bank Manager
Employers Liability Insurance Cert.
HMRC - Self Asses. (SA300 or SA302)
Audited Annual or Financial Report
HMRC Reg - VAT
HMRC Reg-PAYE Ref No/Acc Off Ref No
HMRC - Comp. Tax - CT603 &/or CT600
Proof of Bus Prem/Fxd Assets/Lease

uniriri

Post by uniriri » Thu May 05, 2011 2:41 pm

hi all,

I will also be in a similar situation - my PSW visa expires on Sept 10th and my employer still gather together paperwork to send out to apply for Sponsorship License.

Having read through forums, there seems to be much delay in these things and I am afraid that my visa will expire before any decision (sponsorship or COS) is made.

i just want to ask, what are your situations now?

can you really apply for tier 2 general without COS and without company having sponsorship license? on the last day of PSW expiring

would it not be returned INVALID and therefore make my stay illegal?

hopefully everything's gone well for you guys - it really is bad timing for all of us as just a year ago we would have had a shot at Tier 1

regards,

uniriri

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:59 am

uniriri wrote:hi all,

I will also be in a similar situation - my PSW visa expires on Sept 10th and my employer still gather together paperwork to send out to apply for Sponsorship License.

Having read through forums, there seems to be much delay in these things and I am afraid that my visa will expire before any decision (sponsorship or COS) is made.

i just want to ask, what are your situations now?

can you really apply for tier 2 general without COS and without company having sponsorship license? on the last day of PSW expiring

would it not be returned INVALID and therefore make my stay illegal?

hopefully everything's gone well for you guys - it really is bad timing for all of us as just a year ago we would have had a shot at Tier 1

regards,

uniriri
UKBA refused our application twice stating minor errors in the documents. They never kept the application and asked us for additional docs instead they refused wasting our time and effort every time. They love the dragging game.. When you apply make no mistakes..
Last edited by madona587 on Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnjkjk

Post by johnjkjk » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi, did any of you put in a tier 2 application without cos number? Were you able to send in your cos in time or did you make a new application after your 'buying time' application was rejected?

grif-fin

Post by grif-fin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Any updates on this case would be very helpful for my current situation guys!