ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

received approved letter but wrong points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

received approved letter but wrong points

Post by Kindsoul » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:41 pm

hello everyone, i would like to thank you everyone who has helped me in my Tier 1 General application. it would not have been possible without your guidance.
as a result, i have received the approved letter from home office with all my supporting documents excluding Biometric Residence Permit. but there is an error made by home office there. I have claimed 35 points for Master Degree But only been Awarded 30 points and do not make 100 points for Tier1 (general). I am really worried as I do not know what to do now. can you all please advice me what i should do to get it corrected as it is 5th of April today and as of tomorrow tier 1( general) is finishing. Plz advice me.

sanjeev.x.kumar

Re: Urgent advice Plz: received approved letter but wrong po

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:23 pm

bharatsharma wrote:hello everyone, i would like to thank you everyone who has helped me in my Tier 1 General application. it would not have been possible without your guidance.
as a result, i have received the approved letter from home office with all my supporting documents excluding Biometric Residence Permit. but there is an error made by home office there. I have claimed 35 points for Master Degree But only been Awarded 30 points and do not make 100 points for Tier1 (general). I am really worried as I do not know what to do now. can you all please advice me what i should do to get it corrected as it is 5th of April today and as of tomorrow tier 1( general) is finishing. Plz advice me.
Why dont you contact the caseworker directly and let him know abt the error. Anyways, since you ahve recieved the approval letter, you anyway have the advantage. I would anyways advise you to contact the caseworker and bring to his notice that there is an error in the points awarded. Also, Can you please update the timelines of your tier 1 visa, like when did you applied, from whcih category u switched? It will help other applicants on this forum.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks very much Kumar for ur reply. How can i contact the case worker as only Biometric residence permit inquiry number has been provided if I don't receive within seven working days. I am worried that it might stay as it is on my records. Can you plz advice on contacting the case worker. I will surely post the initial timeline once I get the BRP. THANKS

fasdone

Re: received approved letter but wrong points

Post by fasdone » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 pm

bharatsharma wrote:hello everyone, i would like to thank you everyone who has helped me in my Tier 1 General application. it would not have been possible without your guidance.
do you have uk masters degree ?

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:55 am

Yes, I have the uk based Master Degree.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Can anyone provide me the advice plz.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:31 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Can anyone provide me the advice plz.
You can write an email to ukbapublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk with subject FAQ.

In addition to this, attach the copy of your approval letter, and copy of degree.

Write everything in the email including the name of the case worker, although it is already present on the approval letter. The case worker will respond you as soon as possible.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I will send them an e-mail in accordance to your advice and will update with their response.