ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hunt for Cognos Jobs in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bhanupria
Newly Registered

Hunt for Cognos Jobs in UK

Post by bhanupria » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:11 pm

Hi all,

I relocated to UK after marriage on Tier 2 Dependant Visa(Expiry Date is Dec 30, 2012). I have been looking out for cognos jobs since Jan 2011. I have attended telephonic and F2F interviews as well, but in the end I was told 'Job is offered to a more experienced candidate'. I dont understand why they call me for a second stage interview if they have already shorlisted a experienced candidate.

Some recruiting agents say that they are looking out for Tier 1/Tier 1 Dependants and hence my CV cannot be put forward to the client.

I have 4.3 years of experience in Cognos 8 BI (RS,QS,AS,FM) and also worked on IBM DB2 UDB, Oracle, Toad, SQL. My husband is thinking to switch to Tier 1 in the hope that I may get a job. Could you all suggest me how far this option is good.......

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Hunt for Cognos Jobs in UK

Post by geriatrix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:05 am

bhanupria wrote:My husband is thinking to switch to Tier 1 in the hope that I may get a job.
He cannot, as Tier 1 (General) is no longer an available option any more. Tier 1 (General) scheme ended for new applicants about 2 hours ago ... for good.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bhanupria
Newly Registered

Re: Hunt for Cognos Jobs in UK

Post by bhanupria » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:14 pm

I got a 3 month contract job offer.... :D

Tweedum
Newly Registered

Post by Tweedum » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Wel done Bhanupria.

Is this contract role in London? I am trying to penetrate into the private sector market with 9 years of experience with SAP XI and Excelsior and Sql (the whole package). My experience had been with NHS hence the struggle.

I often get told that I am over qualified for the role.

bhanupria
Newly Registered

Post by bhanupria » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:24 pm

It is a contract role based in manchestar; an hour train journey from my place. :(

Bearuk
BANNED

Post by Bearuk » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi bhanupria

Congratulate for your new job,

I am just curious about how to get Recruiting Agency ? Because I heard that they can increase the opportunities. Btw, I have been looking 4 jobs for 6 moths but still not lucky like you.

Do you find them on Internet or near your living ? How to register with them ?

bhanupria
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by bhanupria » Sun May 01, 2011 5:28 pm

I registered in some of the job sites(mentioned below) and if our skill set matches to the job profile, recruiting agents will call us. From my experience, I can say that it takes considerable amount of time for each stage like getting call from agent, agent fwding CV to the client, scheduling an interview date, attending interview and finally getting the result. We need to be patient and have faith in god(ourself).

reed.co.uk
cwjobs.co.uk
technojobs.co.uk
theitjobboard.co.uk
jobsite.co.uk
tiptopjob.com

Good luck

ukimmigrator
Newly Registered

Post by ukimmigrator » Wed May 04, 2011 2:42 am

Currently i am in USA and I am have just started looking for a cognos Administrator position in London. Can you give me an idea of what is the salary range for Cognos administrators. I have 3 years of cognos experience and am IBM certified cognos admin.

gsaini
Newly Registered

Post by gsaini » Wed May 04, 2011 9:29 am

Hi Bhanupriya

Congrats for getting the contract. :)

I am also on Dependent TIER 2 Visa and looking for a job for last 2.5 months in UK..I have been applying for every suitable job and have already registered on all the job sites mentioned by you since 2 months now..Can you please share some tips or important points which may help ppl like us. How much time did it took for you to secure your contract from applying to securing the contract ?? I dont knoe if the recruitment process slow here thats y I am not getting calls or If I am doing something wrong.. Can you please share your experience??

Thanks
Gsaini

shajacksha

Post by shajacksha » Wed May 04, 2011 2:43 pm

gsaini wrote:Hi Bhanupriya

Congrats for getting the contract. :)

I am also on Dependent TIER 2 Visa and looking for a job for last 2.5 months in UK..I have been applying for every suitable job and have already registered on all the job sites mentioned by you since 2 months now..Can you please share some tips or important points which may help ppl like us. How much time did it took for you to secure your contract from applying to securing the contract ?? I dont knoe if the recruitment process slow here thats y I am not getting calls or If I am doing something wrong.. Can you please share your experience??

Thanks
Gsaini
The job market for past quarter was pretty bad. Looks like things are shaping up now. If you are not getting any feedback from the recruitment agency, this would mean that you are not catching their attention and may need to work on your CV. It is a highly competitive market and you need to be on your toes. There is no set process time. If your CV is impressive and if there is a right job, the rest will happen pretty fast. Sorry for being harsh but that is the way it is.

annapoorna
Newly Registered

Pls help me out!!

Post by annapoorna » Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 pm

Hi all,

I got married and came over to london in last november. from february i am looking for a job here. i am a c++ developer with Redhat certification and have 2 years experience in india.. I have registered in almost all the sites thta u have mentioned. I get atleast a minimum of one call from a consultant saying that my resume is forwarded to client but after that no response.. what should i do..i am really getting depressed. pls help me out..

shopping
Newly Registered

Post by shopping » Thu May 05, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks for share.. :P

shajacksha

Re: Pls help me out!!

Post by shajacksha » Thu May 05, 2011 12:13 pm

annapoorna wrote:Hi all,

I have registered in almost all the sites thta u have mentioned. I get atleast a minimum of one call from a consultant saying that my resume is forwarded to client but after that no response.. what should i do..i am really getting depressed. pls help me out..
If you are not getting any response after you have been put forward, this obviously point to the fact that your Cv is not catching their eye. Now, you have to concentrate on your Cv because it is your visiting card. Read carefully about the requirement and tailor your Cv so that your matching talents are high lighted. Make your Cv clutter free and divide them into proper sections. Don't write history, give clear bullet points about your experience. I don't know what yours is like but as far as I know and from previous experience a good Cv goes a long way. Also, due to the nature of the market at the moment, previous UK experience has an edge. But still people from other countries trying for their first job are getting placed. Keep trying and good luck.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:16 am

I got married and came over to london in last november. from february i am looking for a job here. i am a c++ developer with Redhat certification and have 2 years experience in india.. I have registered in almost all the sites thta u have mentioned. I get atleast a minimum of one call from a consultant saying that my resume is forwarded to client but after that no response.. what should i do..i am really getting depressed. pls help me out..
Which domain you are from? Is it Finance? How was response from Finance domain?

bhanupria
Newly Registered

hi

Post by bhanupria » Mon May 09, 2011 3:21 pm

For cognos admins, the max contract rate that I saw in job adverts is 700£ per day.