ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 1 General Migrant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

ILR Tier 1 General Migrant

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:14 am

Hi,

I was reading the PROPOSED IDI guidelines for Tier1 General ILR. This paragrapgh took my attention.

2.2 Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period
In some cases, applicants may have been granted 5 years continuous leave, but will not have spent 5 years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the 5 years, provided this period was not longer than 3 months.

Does this means;

1. They are about to change the 28 days rule? (Someone like me definitely need this to be changed... :) )

2. Does this means that Any person came to this country with in three months of his visa stamp, will be qualified for ILR after 5 years period. Meaning, If the visa is stamped on 5 Sep 2007 and person came on 20 Oct 2007. The extension of three years took him to 11 Sep 2012. Making him short of 36 days from his actual landing date, will be qualified for ILR . As this new three months relaxation WILL help LOADS of guys like me.

I will really appreciate responces from Seniors on this forum

Thanks,

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 am

that's good news

srikp

Re: ILR Tier 1 General Migrant

Post by srikp » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:30 am

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:

Thanks,
Yes, would be really helpful if we could get a confirmation from the seniors that this indeed is true..particularly because the wordings are slightly incorrect as 5 year "continous" visa was never given on HSMP/Tier1:

In some cases, applicants may have been granted 5 years continuous leave, but will not have spent 5 years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Tier 1 General Migrant

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:14 pm

srikp wrote:
zahid.ali.anwar wrote:

Thanks,
Yes, would be really helpful if we could get a confirmation from the seniors that this indeed is true..particularly because the wordings are slightly incorrect as 5 year "continous" visa was never given on HSMP/Tier1:

In some cases, applicants may have been granted 5 years continuous leave, but will not have spent 5 years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires.
I am planning to send an email to home office regarding this and will keep the result posted on this forum.