ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travelling to UK for first time

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jammie_pl1
Newly Registered

travelling to UK for first time

Post by jammie_pl1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Hi,

I am planning to travel to UK for the first time. I have got my Tier1 in Jan and planning to go for 1 week.

Can anyone tell me what are the documents i need to carry to get thru the custome process. If the tier1 visa stamp on my passport enough to get the entry into UK. DO i have to take any insurance, chest x-ray , doctor's report etc. Can someone please provide theri inputs.

Thanks
Jammie

itsvinodin
Newly Registered

Post by itsvinodin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Welcome to UK, mate!!

1. Passport,
2. Insurance is upto you.
3. Chest X-ray with Doctor's report is a must as this will be checked at Immigration..
4. If possible get a pre-paid travel money card, but withdrawing money costs you 1.50 gbp/withdrawal. Its totally upto u and yours decision.

That's all i think..

Good Luck,

V

jammie_pl1
Newly Registered

Thanks for the quick reply

Post by jammie_pl1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:57 pm

thnx vinod
BTW, can you tell me what kind of report is required from doctor. What should be written in the doctor's report.
I was wondering whether anything specific needed to be mentioned in the report which is checked at the immigration.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks for the quick reply

Post by krazydude » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:26 pm

jammie_pl1 wrote:thnx vinod
BTW, can you tell me what kind of report is required from doctor. What should be written in the doctor's report.
I was wondering whether anything specific needed to be mentioned in the report which is checked at the immigration.
Chest X-ray is to check if you currently suffer from TB or not. On the doctor's report, if the doctor mentions that you do not show any signs of TB on your chest X-ray, that will do. Else you have to get a chest x-ray done at the UK Border (for free) if by any chance you forget the x-ray or doctor's report or the doctor at the UK border does not agree with the x-ray/report.

Also carry a bit of cash and some coins (£1 coins) with you.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:31 pm

itsvinodin wrote:Welcome to UK, mate!!

1. Passport,
2. Insurance is upto you.
3. Chest X-ray with Doctor's report is a must as this will be checked at Immigration..
4. If possible get a pre-paid travel money card, but withdrawing money costs you 1.50 gbp/withdrawal. Its totally upto u and yours decision.

That's all i think..

Good Luck,

V
Insurace - NO
Travel Cheques (in GBP) are safer way to carry money.
Chest X-ray to support you do not suffer from TB.