ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visitor Visa - MVV

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Atan
Newly Registered

Marriage Visitor Visa - MVV

Post by Atan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Hello people, after some research I have decided to go down the Marriage Visitor Visa route to resolve my situation.

As I said in my previous post I want to get married to a girl in Pakistan who I met some 15 years ago. I do not want to go to Pakistan because I have a heart condition and I have this fear that something will go wrong with me the moment I am out of the protective embrace of the NHS.

So the plan is my girl applies for:- 1. Marriage Visitor Visa which would give her entry to UK for the purpose of marriage to me for 6 months.

2. She then goes back to Pakistan and applies for the visa to join her spouse.

3. She then comes to UK and lives with me permanently.

As I proceed with this I will keep this thread live and at the same time look to get any views and tips. So lets see how this plays out when put to action.

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:11 am

If you choose this route you will need to take care to provide lots of evidence that she will return to Pakistan after the wedding. It may be difficult to convince an ECO that she intends to leave the country where she eventually intends to settle. Does she have family, work commitments, other ties in Pakistan?

Atan
Newly Registered

Post by Atan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:26 am

^Kitty thanks for reply - I see your point. she does have family etc but she very well could not deny that her intention eventually would be to join me and settle here in UK permanently. No amount of paperwork could hide this given that this would be the truth and if the Q was "Do you intend to join your husband permanently in UK at some stage? The A would have to be "Yes".

But the crucial point would be that as she would come here on the MVV which would allow her into UK for 6 months she would have every motive to stick to the conditions that come with the MVV. Since this visit on the MVV would qualify her to move on to step 2 she would have every motive to not disqualify herself / Or do anything that might compromise her from moving onto step 2.

So would she have intention/motive to leave UK within the 6 months - That is within the step 1 process? Yes, absolutly. Only by meeting all conditions of step 1 would she be able to graduate to step 2.

Nothing would be hidden from the ECO, he would know my heart condition, he woud know that step 1 is only to bypass my fear and medical condition and that she does intend to join me permanently but not on the platform of MVV because thats just a enables a foundation to be built so she can move forward to the eventual goal.

She would not do anything to weaken that foundation as that would prejudice her future.

Atan
Newly Registered

Post by Atan » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:29 am

Does that sound convincing? If I can't make sense of this on these forums I guess we are going to have hell of a job with the ECO :(

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:13 pm

I still don't understand why you aren't going for the fiancee visa.