ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ukba request passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Ukba request passport

Post by bluecole2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:13 am

Hi guys

Thanks for reading

I recently posted similar story on this matter but it's a different question.

Ukba return my EEA 2 app and asked me to re-apply when I get a passport.

To cut the very long story short; I'm an illegal entrant, was arrested for immigration offence and I've been signing on weekly for over a year now.

I recently got married and applied for RC. My app and documents was returned to me.

The letter that come with it says; to establish a right of residence, and therefore be eligibility for a Residence Card, the following additional evidence will be needed:-

[]Evidence of identity (B) - your original valid passport or IND ARC.

Now the problem is, I don't have a passport. When I sent the app, I included the IS.96 I use to sign on as iD. And it's the same iD I used to apply for CoA which was eventually granted.

I can't get a passport from my embassy. So strange, i'm sure you'll agree. 1st of all, I got an interview for october to apply for passport which is definitely not ok for me, and I was told I have to get a police report for lost/stolen passport regardless what my situation is. However the police asked me to get the following from the embassy-
Full name of person on passport
Date of birth
Name of issuing country
The passport number
Date of issue
Expiry date

There's no way I can get this from the embassy if I never had a passport or get a police report which means I can't get a passport to apply for my residence card.

Now please what else can I do for ukba to process my application and issue it?
Do you think I can possibly get UN (united nations) passport, since my own country won't issue me with a passport?
Can ukba issue a rc without a passport or before I get one or if it unlikely my embassy will issue me a passport?

Please make other suggestion you reckon could help

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your responses.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

passport

Post by toni34 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:36 pm

your crime number will be suficient to obtain a passport,from ur posting you must be a nigerian,i was in the same position like you,i called a local police station to report the loss of my bag which included my passport then i was given a crime num which i took to the embassy in london,i have since been issued with a passport and a rc too.
NON EU national with RC

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Post by bluecole2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Yes I am, indeed. Thanks for your reply toni34.

I don't know how giving a crime report will get me a passport. I'm sure you know what the embassy is like, they wont take anything less than a police report I was told. And when was this time you got your passport?

I showed the police officer my IS.96 paper I used to sign on at the homeoffice but the officer told me they need the passport number before they can issue a police report.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:56 pm

I am unclear - have you ever had any passport? If so, what happened to it?

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

nigerian passport

Post by toni34 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:08 pm

sorry thought you had one before,if you dont then ,it is ur right to be issued one by the nigerian house in london,they will need a proof of you immigration papers here,you can show them the one issued by the homeoffice for you to sign on with the police,in your case you will be asking for a new passport,not a reissuance of a nigerian passport.got mine in october last year.
NON EU national with RC

tantawi
Newly Registered

Post by tantawi » Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Hello
We have with my partner simmilar problem. He lost his passport and have pending application in the Home Office seeking for asylum. It's one year,and they 've never replied. He lost his passport some time ago and have got a police report.
I would like to marry him, as we are together for long, and just want to have real family, make him proud, and not to think about problems all the time.

I cannot help you with passport issue, as we have already problem to get it from nigerian embassy ( they said they called Home Office and there is nothing pending, which is of course not true, because we have sent 3 different applications), but how did you manage to get married without a passport?
We are just desperatelly looking for anything what can solve our problems, because it's not nice to live like that.