ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 (General) time-lines - After Biometric appointment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aahma
Newly Registered

Tier-1 (General) time-lines - After Biometric appointment

Post by aahma » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:10 am

Hi All,

I applied for my Tier-1(General) Visa on 18-03-2011, which was received on 21-03-2011. I received my acknowledgement letter dated 22-03-2011 and furthermore received a letter inviting me to book an appointment to enrol Biometrics for me and my spouse dated 29-03-2011. Now comes the dreary part, I got an appointment (which was the earliest possible) for 10-05-2011. Does anyone have any idea how long the process is onwards from submitting one's Biometrics before a final decision is made on the outcome of the application is made? Your responses will be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

aahma

sanjeev.x.kumar

Re: Tier-1 (General) time-lines - After Biometric appointmen

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 pm

aahma wrote:Hi All,

I applied for my Tier-1(General) Visa on 18-03-2011, which was received on 21-03-2011. I received my acknowledgement letter dated 22-03-2011 and furthermore received a letter inviting me to book an appointment to enrol Biometrics for me and my spouse dated 29-03-2011. Now comes the dreary part, I got an appointment (which was the earliest possible) for 10-05-2011. Does anyone have any idea how long the process is onwards from submitting one's Biometrics before a final decision is made on the outcome of the application is made? Your responses will be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

aahma
After Going through the timelines by the other members of this forum, it appears that it takes almost 3 weeks after submitting the biometrics.

aahma
Newly Registered

Post by aahma » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Damn :) It means Ill have to stay put till June, so basically once I have submitted my Biometrics the real verification process will begin?. It's a shame they treat individual applicants and those with families differently. Thank you for your response Sanjeev, much appreciated. Cheers

Best Regards.

aahma

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks for the response Sanjeev. Does that mean by looking at the timelines passport would be dispatched around 3 weeks ater biometric submission.. I know this 3 weeks is as of now and might change based on the volume/application. Your response wd be appreciated

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Because someone else's application takes a certain mount of time to process / decide doesn't mean that yours should follow similar time lines ... because every application is decided on its own merits. You'll get your BRP / passport / documents back only after a decision has been made on your application, which may as far as 14 weeks from the date you enrol your biometrics. UKBA is under no legal obligation to decide your application within a stipulated time frame.

Browse / check the relevant sticky topics to look for information on intermediary milestones (of application processing).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!