ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Provisional Driving License - Address Change Traffic offense

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepu_0158

Provisional Driving License - Address Change Traffic offense

Post by deepu_0158 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Dear All,

This may sound silly, but please bear with me.

I am a provisional license holder and have not changed the address when I moved to new house 6 months back, my question is:

Is this considered as an traffic offense, will it affect my ILR with regards to the new rules.

I have applied the change of address online today though, that is 6 months after moving to a new home.

Thanks in advance

blay1

Re: Provisional Driving License - Address Change Traffic off

Post by blay1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:07 pm

deepu_0158 wrote:Dear All,

This may sound silly, but please bear with me.

I am a provisional license holder and have not changed the address when I moved to new house 6 months back, my question is:

Is this considered as an traffic offense, will it affect my ILR with regards to the new rules.

I have applied the change of address online today though, that is 6 months after moving to a new home.

Thanks in advance
Nope

deepu_0158

Post by deepu_0158 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks blay1

tulip4500

hi

Post by tulip4500 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:35 am

hi

this is my unofficial suggestions.

if you are not driving at all then there is no need to change address. because no one will contact you anyway. but if you are driving then you should change your address as soon as possible.

also suppose if you move around very frequestly, say every month you move to new house. then its may not be necessary to change your address if you have access to receiving letters from your original address.

unless you are caught for an offence and got any penalty so there is nothing to worry about and there is no offence at all.

so you will not need to mention anywhere anything about your licence things as long as you have not caught with any fine.

i hope this helps.