ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Query for Non Eu National

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aswadref

General Query for Non Eu National

Post by aswadref » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:47 pm

hello,
i just got my Irish passport two weeks back,it means a lot to me now coz it enables my wife who is a non eu to work without a work permit,she is been trying hard to find a job in ireland but no sucess yet,so she was thinking to look for jobs in the UK my question is can she go and work in the uk,i would not be joining her now coz i am settled in my job now and wont resign till she is settled in her job in the uk.if she has to go to the uk is there a special visa she needs to have or there is something else she needs to do before she goes.i am really clueless in this matter and would be thankfull if i get some help.

fatty patty

Re: General Query for Non Eu National

Post by fatty patty » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:20 pm

aswadref wrote:hello,
i just got my Irish passport two weeks back,it means a lot to me now coz it enables my wife who is a non eu to work without a work permit,she is been trying hard to find a job in ireland but no sucess yet,so she was thinking to look for jobs in the UK my question is can she go and work in the uk,i would not be joining her now coz i am settled in my job now and wont resign till she is settled in her job in the uk.if she has to go to the uk is there a special visa she needs to have or there is something else she needs to do before she goes.i am really clueless in this matter and would be thankfull if i get some help.
Your wife needs to apply for a work permit as she is a non eu citizen going to be on her own in UK. For her to be able to work in UK permit free is that you need to go with her and exercise your treaty rights (meaning YOU live and work in another EU country) and get your wife as spouse of EU citizen. But exercising treaty right condition is that YOU are exercising treaty rights if you left UK to comeback to Ireland without your wife and she is still in UK this means its bending treaty rules.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:00 pm

fatty patty Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: General Query for Non Eu National

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aswadref wrote:
hello,

Your wife needs to apply for a work permit as she is a non eu citizen going to be on her own in UK. For her to be able to work in UK permit free is that you need to go with her and exercise your treaty rights (meaning YOU live and work in another EU country) and get your wife as spouse of EU citizen. But exercising treaty right condition is that YOU are exercising treaty rights if you left UK to comeback to Ireland without your wife and she is still in UK this means its bending treaty rules.

so i basically get a ticket for two of us and go to uk without any visas for her,and she than has to apply for a permit and once she gets a permit she can do any jobs.if i plan to live with her in uk does she still need a permit to work.

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:33 pm

so i basically get a ticket for two of us and go to uk without any visas for her,and she than has to apply for a permit and once she gets a permit she can do any jobs.if i plan to live with her in uk does she still need a permit to work.
Your wife is only allowed to work in the EU country where you are exercising treaty rights, so if she wants to work in the UK, you would have to move to the UK and exercise your treaty rights before she can take up employment, meaning you need to be self-employed, self-sufficient, a student or employed.

Unfortunately, the economic climate in Ireland is awful. I'm not sure how much worse it is now than it was last year, but it's bad. I was working in Dublin and was made redundant in Nov 2009; it took me until March 2010 to find work. Even then, it was a temp contract based on funding, which ran out and left me unemployed again just two months later. Lucky for me, my partner was freelancing and could move that to the UK, which would actually be the better option. As such, I'm now in the UK training to be a teacher and looking for my first job. I have the right to work as the partner of an EU national who is exercising treaty rights here. The biggest bonus, we are both much happier over here!

If you're considering moving to the UK, then you'll want to have a look here: http://immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=45

Best of luck to you both!

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:36 am

kabuki
Member of Standing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

Your wife is only allowed to work in the EU country where you are exercising treaty rights, so if she wants to work in the UK, you would have to move to the UK and exercise your treaty rights before she can take up employment, meaning you need to be self-employed, self-sufficient, a student or employed.

Unfortunately, the economic climate in Ireland is awful. I'm not sure how much worse it is now than it was last year, but it's bad. I was working in Dublin and was made redundant in Nov 2009; it took me until March 2010 to find work. Even then, it was a temp contract based on funding, which ran out and left me unemployed again just two months later. Lucky for me, my partner was freelancing and could move that to the UK, which would actually be the better option. As such, I'm now in the UK training to be a teacher and looking for my first job. I have the right to work as the partner of an EU national who is exercising treaty rights here. The biggest bonus, we are both much happier over here!

If you're considering moving to the UK, then you'll want to have a look here: http://immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=45

Best of luck to you both!

thanks for all your help guys i have a link as well now so will see where i get from there.
so basically we have to travel together and she can she start working as soon as she comes to the uk or she has to wait for eu spouse recident card

kabuki
United States of America

Post by kabuki » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:52 am

[quote="aswadref"

thanks for all your help guys i have a link as well now so will see where i get from there.
so basically we have to travel together and she can she start working as soon as she comes to the uk or she has to wait for eu spouse recident card
[/quote]

Here is the link to he UK Border Agency as well: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/family/

Your spouse were technically have the right work immediately, but you'll need to prove that. You should apply for an EEA Family Permit first (took me about 2-3 weeks to receive mine in Dublin) and then you can move. The family permit would allow your spouse to find work. As soon as you have a job, then submit the EEA2 application which is currently taking about 3 months to process. Once your spouse has that, she'll be good for 5 years, after which she can apply for Permanent Residence.

In regards to your Irish Passport: I know you only recently received it, but are you able to backdate you relationship on it, meaning if you've been married for 3 or more years already, is your spouse allowed to apply for Irish Citizenship? This might be worth checking out before moving as it would make things easier.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:03 am

kabuki
Member of Standing

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:52 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote="aswadref"

so basically we have to travel together and she can she start working as soon as she comes to the uk or she has to wait for eu spouse recident card[/quote]

Here is the link to he UK Border Agency as well: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/family/

Your spouse were technically have the right work immediately, but you'll need to prove that. You should apply for an EEA Family Permit first (took me about 2-3 weeks to receive mine in Dublin) and then you can move. The family permit would allow your spouse to find work. As soon as you have a job, then submit the EEA2 application which is currently taking about 3 months to process. Once your spouse has that, she'll be good for 5 years, after which she can apply for Permanent Residence.

In regards to your Irish Passport: I know you only recently received it, but are you able to backdate you relationship on it, meaning if you've been married for 3 or more years already, is your spouse allowed to apply for Irish Citizenship? This might be worth checking out before moving as it would make things easier

does that mean i have to go to uk first and find a job or i can apply for my wifes EEA permit without me having a job in uk and we can move together.u said it takes about 3 months for process of eea2 application so in the mean time can my spouse work or no she has to wait for eea2 application to be approved.my wife can apply for naturalisation but she will have to wait another 2 to 3 years for the result
sorry to be asking u so many questions i am clueless in all this