ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravib_10
Newly Registered

Child Born in UK

Post by ravib_10 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:05 am

Hi,

Me & My wife are planning to apply for our ILR soon. we are on indian passport. My kid is born in UK.

1. Just want to know whether, for my kid, can i directly apply for british passport.
2. Do i need to include his details in ILR dependent form or do i need to fill any seperate for for him.
3. Can i submit his application along with mine?

Thanks n Regards
BR

nax_72

Re: Child Born in UK

Post by nax_72 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:41 am

1. Just want to know whether, for my kid, can i directly apply for british passport.

As the kid is born before you both get your ILR, your kid is not a British citizen yet. So you cannot apply for kid's British passport straight away. First Registration after ILR then BP.

2. Do i need to include his details in ILR dependent form or do i need to fill any seperate for for him.

For ILR you can include kid's details and get ILR for the kid as well.

3. Can i submit his application along with mine?

There is no need for separate application for kid's ILR. Just apply with your application as dependent.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.