ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hrayrd

Tier 1 extension - salary

Post by hrayrd » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Hello,
There is one a bit difficult question, and if somebody knows the answer it will be great for me!

In August/2012 i am going to extend my Tier 1 visa.
My salary is 30,000 pound per year, but the problem is that from June/2011 next 4 months i should return to my country and work from here. So 4 months of the last 12 months before applying to extend the visa i will get my salary in my country bank account and not in the UK bank account

so there are 2 questions

1) Can this be included in the earnings of last 1 year
2) will i still get 5 points for UK experience if first 4 months of last 1 year i earn money not in the UK but FROM UK based company.

Many Thanks in advance

tier1_applicant

Re: Tier 1 extension - salary

Post by tier1_applicant » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:56 pm

1. This can be included in earnings but you will not get any earning multiplication factor of your country e.g if you are earning 2000 GBP equivalent of currency in your home country.. only that will be taken.
2. You can get 5 points for UK earnings only if :

"You are scoring points for your previous earnings, and £25,000 or more of those earnings were made in the UK".

Above may be £16,000 also, depending on when you got approval of your initial application.

UK earnings are when you are physcially in UK not in you your home country or paid from a UK based company.

You may also refer to policy guidance notes:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

hrayrd

Post by hrayrd » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:47 am

Ok thanks,
Seems this makes sense.
So if i earn some 6,000 pounds in my country(from UK based company), and for example 25,000 pound in the UK in last 12 months before applying for the visa, then i will get 5 points for UK earnings and appropriate points for earning 31,000 pound.

Am i right?

tier1_applicant

Post by tier1_applicant » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 pm

yes. you should. Enter above data on point based calculator to get confirmation