ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English test for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guyfromsky
Newly Registered

English test for spouse visa

Post by guyfromsky » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:20 pm

Dear all,

My wife is an Iraqi national and iam british national i planning to apply for spouse visa for her to bring to uk to live with me.

can anyone please let me know what english test she needs to take, as in the home office website saying under iraq (Key English Test (KET) Cambridge ESOL A1) but when called british embassy office in IraqErbil they gave me address of british council in there and said ask them which they offer IELTS.

When contacted them they told me they dont offer any test. it is all confussing, can any one please reply back and let me know what test she needs to take as i don't want her to take wrong test then when travelling Jordan they tell us they don't approve that test she took.

Thanks all

anjum786mohammed

Re: English test for spouse visa

Post by anjum786mohammed » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:02 pm

guyfromsky wrote:Dear all,

My wife is an Iraqi national and iam british national i planning to apply for spouse visa for her to bring to uk to live with me.

can anyone please let me know what english test she needs to take, as in the home office website saying under iraq (Key English Test (KET) Cambridge ESOL A1) but when called british embassy office in IraqErbil they gave me address of british council in there and said ask them which they offer IELTS.

When contacted them they told me they dont offer any test. it is all confussing, can any one please reply back and let me know what test she needs to take as i don't want her to take wrong test then when travelling Jordan they tell us they don't approve that test she took.

Thanks all
You can take the IELTS test in Erbil or Baghdad. Please contact ielts.erbil@gmail.com for test dates and registration procedure in Erbil. Please contact iraq@britishcouncil.org for test dates and registration procedure in Baghdad.
Got this of there website
Hope it helps