ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good amount of money on deposit but no job! ILR application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BondFamily

Good amount of money on deposit but no job! ILR application

Post by BondFamily » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:11 am

I have a situation and don't know what's the best thing to do...

I'm helping my wife apply for her ILR but after reading many subjects on this forum it seems that having money on deposit or in a bank account is too weak as it could be given for the purpose of the visa application and not really be available to her/us in the UK.

It's a fairly large amount of money, around 60,000 GBP, we have no options of getting evidence of where that money came from basically.

What can we do to show that the money is ours? I can send it to my UK bank account so it is there ready for us when we arrive in UK but is this really enough? I will lose a lot of money to send it there so I don't want to be doing it if it doesn't carry much weight with the people who will judge the application.

Any advice or pointers please?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:38 am

Where is the money now and how long has it been in your account? The longer the better.

There's probably no need to transfer it to a UK bank if you/wife have access to it anyway.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Good amount of money on deposit but no job! ILR applicat

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 pm

BondFamily wrote:I'm helping my wife apply for her ILR
BondFamily wrote:it is there ready for us when we arrive in UK
If you two are not in UK, then how is your wife eligible for ILR?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:27 pm

presumably he means ILE.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:47 pm

I think we have covered this issue before in your previous post

As what you are doing is illegal in the Ukraine (but apparently legal in the UK) then you are in a difficult position. With such a large sum of money the ECO will want to know where the funds have come from.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:54 pm

Greenie wrote:presumably he means ILE.
I know, and the OP was informed of the difference in his earlier topic (link provided in my response above).

OP, it will be better if you continue under one topic to discuss queries regarding "your funds". Helps people to understand the background at one location and respond appropriately to whatever queries that you may have on the subject.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!