ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR-DO YOU NEED TO GET ILR STATUS FOR CHILD B4 YOU APPLY

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mittal_siddharth
Newly Registered

ILR-DO YOU NEED TO GET ILR STATUS FOR CHILD B4 YOU APPLY

Post by mittal_siddharth » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:45 pm

I have two questions to ask, i will be glad if some one answere them
1: MY ILR is due in this october. Do i have to get ilr status first for my son (3.5 years old, born in UK only) and then apply for red passport or i should not send his passport with mine for ilr and once i get ilr, i send his passport with mine for red passport.

2. my wife and child planning to back india now for 4 months and will come to uk before ilr due date. will she get ilr or she cannot be outside uk for more than 3 months

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR-DO YOU NEED TO GET ILR STATUS FOR CHILD B4 YOU APPLY

Post by geriatrix » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

mittal_siddharth wrote:1: MY ILR is due in this october. Do i have to get ilr status first for my son (3.5 years old, born in UK only) and then apply for red passport.
No.
mittal_siddharth wrote:2. my wife and child planning to back india now for 4 months and will come to uk before ilr due date. will she get ilr or she cannot be outside uk for more than 3 months
Whether or not your wife is eligible for settlement at the same time as you depends on whether she has lived with you in the UK for 2 years. Details of dependant's absence(s) from the UK are not asked for when applying at the same time as the main migrant, nor is there any restriction / permitted limit specified by UKBA regarding "dependant's absences from the UK".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!