ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF9 form help: Previous applications and travel history

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yeeha
Newly Registered

VAF9 form help: Previous applications and travel history

Post by yeeha » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:45 am

I'm filling in the VAF9 form and I need help on Part 6: Previous applications and travel history.

in Part 6.3: Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

in Part 6.8: Have you ever made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

I had ever applied for Leave to Remain in the UK (that was 3 years ago), and been rejected due to incomplete documents. My question is, should I mention this in both Part 6.3 and 6.8? or just Part 6.8, cause I am not sure about the 'Leave to Remain' is considered as a Visa?

Please advise.

ash786
BANNED

Re: VAF9 form help: Previous applications and travel history

Post by ash786 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 pm

yeeha wrote:I'm filling in the VAF9 form and I need help on Part 6: Previous applications and travel history.

in Part 6.3: Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

in Part 6.8: Have you ever made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

I had ever applied for Leave to Remain in the UK (that was 3 years ago), and been rejected due to incomplete documents. My question is, should I mention this in both Part 6.3 and 6.8? or just Part 6.8, cause I am not sure about the 'Leave to Remain' is considered as a Visa?

Please advise.
1. You only need to mention that refusal in 6.3.
2. 6.8 is for people who were in the UK.