ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hello i got my ILR can i apply SET(M) for my wife?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harold
Newly Registered

Hello i got my ILR can i apply SET(M) for my wife?

Post by harold » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:11 am

Hello I got my ILR last month, my wife has been on work permit and student dependant visa she has been in the UK for more than 2 years so am wondering can I apply on SET(M) or FLR (M) please advice.

I got all the letters for 2 years to prove that she has been living with me if anyone had the same scenario please advice me.

Thanks for all you help

Harold

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:20 am

On what basis did you get ILR?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

harold
Newly Registered

Post by harold » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:22 am

vinny wrote:On what basis did you get ILR?
10 year long residence (student+ workpermit)

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:42 pm

See also long residence dependants.

I believe that she should switch to FLR(M) and subsequently apply for SET(M) in two year's time, unless she satisfies the requirements for ILR under Long residence beforehand.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

harold
Newly Registered

Post by harold » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:48 pm

vinny wrote:See also long residence dependants.

I believe that she should switch to FLR(M) and subsequently apply for SET(M) in two year's time, unless she satisfies the requirements for ILR under Long residence beforehand.
Thanks vinny,

I just called home office they told me the same thing to apply for FLR(M) then after two years apply for SET(M) i didnt want to pay twice so i thought there maight be a way.

Thanks again

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:43 am

On reflection, SET(O) may have been possible.