ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension from India!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anandh79

Tier 1 Extension from India!

Post by anandh79 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Hi,

I know it sounds weird. But need to ask to clarify things.

My wife is going to india for her delivery in August. Our visa is getting expired on March 2012.

She might come back to UK only around April. This is the current situation and have the following clarifications.

1. Can my wife extend her visa from India?
2. If not, should she be applying fresh as dependant after my visa gets extended in UK.
3. If she is out of UK for so many months, will it cause problems for settlement. I do know that it might cause problems for citizenship.
4. When I get PR, do we have any regulations that my dependant should also have stayed 5 years like that.

Regards
Krish

ursamyn
United Kingdom

Post by ursamyn » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Who is the primary visa holder u or ur wife?

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi,

I am the primary visa holder and i would be in UK during extension. It is just my wife who would be going to India.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:46 pm

1. No.
2. If her current leave expires while she is India, she will need to apply for entry clearance to return to UK. Extension can only be applied for from within UK.
3. Should be okay, if she meets the requirements of settlement as a dependant of a Tier 1 (General) migrant and qualifies for settlement at the same time as you.
4. See 319E.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ramyanar

Post by ramyanar » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Plz help i am tier1 dependant in same situation my leave will expire when i am in india my husband is applying his extension in UK.

So, what should i do as i cannot apply for extension from india. Which visa should i apply?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:35 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. No.
2. If her current leave expires while she is India, she will need to apply for entry clearance to return to UK. Extension can only be applied for from within UK.
3. Should be okay, if she meets the requirements of settlement as a dependant of a Tier 1 (General) migrant and qualifies for settlement at the same time as you.
4. See 319E.