ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have a T2 visa but need to work abroad for some months

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gadro
Newly Registered

Have a T2 visa but need to work abroad for some months

Post by Gadro » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi guys, I have a T2 visa but need to work abroad for some months as part of my job.

Is this possible with T2? Are there restrictions that would stop me from being let back into the UK?

I'm a bit worried that I may not be able to do this but I can't seem to find the literature on it and don't know what to say to my employer about the situation.

Help appreciated!

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:14 pm

ask your employer to give a call to ukba's employer helpline.

and post their reply here so we can analyse it

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Unless your employer informs UKBA of termination of your sponsorship or unless your leave is curtailed / cancelled for any other reason, you should be able to return to the UK before your current leave expires - to commence the same job for which you have been sponsored.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:53 am

Be mindful of the fact that, if and when you decide to apply for Indefinite Leave in the UK based on 5 years in Tier 2, the UKBA usually reject it if there was an absence from the UK of over 3 months.

I am led to believe this is the case even if you were away for business. There should be some discretion on this but 2 immigration lawyers recently refused to take on an ILR case I referred to them because the applicant had been out of the UK for about 5 months in one stint.