ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document check before or after biometric?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karthik_513

Document check before or after biometric?

Post by karthik_513 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi all,

Do anyone know whether , home office will check / verify documents before biometric or after biometric? ? ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

sanjeev.x.kumar

Re: Document check before or after biometric?

Post by sanjeev.x.kumar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:28 pm

karthik_513 wrote:Hi all,

Do anyone know whether , home office will check / verify documents before biometric or after biometric? ? ?

Thanks in advance for your time.
In my opinion, i think this is something which only HO can provide an answer.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:03 am

they check the application for validity (e.g. correct form, fee paid, signed, photos according to guidance, mandatory sections completed etc) before they send out the biometrics letter.

They only consider the substance of the application (i.e. whether you meet the rules) after you give the biometrics.

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks Greenie for the response. Can you let me know checking whether you have valid points for the specific tier 1 category, happens before the biometric or after the biometric is done.

Thanks in advance

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:57 pm

After the biometrics as explained by Greenie "They only consider the substance of the application (i.e. whether you meet the rules) after you give the biometrics."

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:37 am

Is Biometric letter confirming that your application, fee, photographs and maintenance funds etc are according to guidelines(application is valid in all aspect)? or UKba can still return application on the basis of one/more of these after biometric is to be done?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:36 am

Greenie wrote:they check the application for validity (e.g. correct form, fee paid, signed, photos according to guidance, mandatory sections completed etc) before they send out the biometrics letter.

They only consider the substance of the application (i.e. whether you meet the rules) after you give the biometrics.

Latilabox
Newly Registered

Post by Latilabox » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:32 pm

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:Is Biometric letter confirming that your application, fee, photographs and maintenance funds etc are according to guidelines(application is valid in all aspect)? or UKba can still return application on the basis of one/more of these after biometric is to be done?
Biometric letter only mention your name, date birth, nationality, id ref no and ask you to have your biometric done in 15 days. Whether it is done in post office or HO biometric enrolement centres. Their address will be enclosed in the letter.

UKBA still can return your application after the biometric done. It happened to me last month, they sent back my application 2 weeks after biometric and asked me to make a fresh application. Now i have to do biometric again next week.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Latilabox wrote: they sent back my application 2 weeks after biometric and asked me to make a fresh application.
What was the reason??

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:46 pm

Two different replies

Aryan2013 wrote:
Latilabox wrote: they sent back my application 2 weeks after biometric and asked me to make a fresh application.
bubin123 wrote:Guys,
Need ur help to understand what to do.
I got back my T1 G switching application from UKBA after a month stating that it is invalid due to non standard photo.
Now, I have 2 issues.
1. My current visa already expired (WP - ICT).
2. Will get 5 points less at age criteria if I apply now (had b'day in between).

Is it possible to reapply now?

bubin123 wrote:UKBA did not sent the Biometric Enrollment letter.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=71939

Ukba checking the validity of your application before sending biometric letter which is confirmed from second reply otherwise UKba will never send application as invalid but they may send you refusal letter on the basis of other issues. Therefore, first reply is little suspicious.