ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long as CoAs taking to arrive lately?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ben
Diamond Member

How long as CoAs taking to arrive lately?

Post by Ben » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi folks,

Quick question - how long as CoAs* taking to arrive lately?

*CoA as in certificate of application of a residence card of a family member of a Union citizen.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:22 pm

From personal experience: 2 weeks before they printed it and another 2 weeks before it arrived at home (that was Oct/Nov 2010). From other feedback here about 4 weeks is what you need to expect. Is that for you, Ben?

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Coolio, thanks.

Yup, 'tis for me (well, the missus). We're going back to England.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Well, then good luck for the future. If the reports here are any indication your wife may have the RC in less than 4 months.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:58 pm

I'll look forward to this. The Irish authorities are a joke. I sent them our PR applications on 01/02 (registered mail) - they've still not acknowledged them, even after two chaser letters.

As an aside, when we arrive we will immediately apply for the benefits we're entitled to (Child Benefit, for example). My wife will also need an NI number. Can we apply for these immediately, or will they not entertain us without a letter from the UKBA confirm right of residence / CoA?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Things may have changed since Jan 2008 but when we applied for Child Benefit that was not necessary. Actually, we had all our documents with the UKBA at that time but they were happy with copies. A NINO was required for the application process and they offered to schedule an interview with the job centre.

DFDS.

Re: How long as CoAs taking to arrive lately?

Post by DFDS. » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Ben wrote:Hi folks,

Quick question - how long as CoAs* taking to arrive lately?

*CoA as in certificate of application of a residence card of a family member of a Union citizen.
Four to five weeks on Average, or say with in 5 weeks. Usually the date of issue is two weeks before you recieve.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.