ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Falling short of ILR By 10 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kavita1
Newly Registered

Falling short of ILR By 10 days

Post by kavita1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Hello,

I just have been referred to a post stating:

In some cases, applicants may have been granted 5 years continuous leave, but will not have spent 5 years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the 5 years, provided this period was not longer than 3 months.

Does it mean that if you are short of ILR by say less than 3 months, you dont need to apply for an extension??

Thanks,
Kavita

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: Falling short of ILR By 10 days

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:13 pm

kavita1 wrote:Hello,

I just have been referred to a post stating:

In some cases, applicants may have been granted 5 years continuous leave, but will not have spent 5 years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the 5 years, provided this period was not longer than 3 months.

Does it mean that if you are short of ILR by say less than 3 months, you dont need to apply for an extension??

Thanks,
Kavita
You can look at my post on ILR. I have sent an email to UKBA about this, and have received a reply from them that I have posted in that post.