ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on Biometric

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

norealidpls

Questions on Biometric

Post by norealidpls » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:32 pm

All,

I applied through a consultant on April 1 for Tier 1 General Visa (Currently Tier 2 ICT) and reached HO on 04th April. AFter 2 weeks of painful wait, I see that the amount has been debited by HO today (15th April). Now I have two questions here.

1. I am hoping that I will receive the Biometric letter by next week. I applied as a single dependent. Will I be able to use the Post office (as prescribed in website) to enroll biometric, only if it has been specified in the Biometric letter? I think for single dependent they have the option to choose either the Post office or biometric center without saying?

2. I live in Northern Ireland and I need to use a ferry to goto mainland to avail the in person post office biometric option. I will not have passport as it is with UKBA. Can anyone help me in letting me know that a valid original indian license/ original company card/original Indian PAN card is enough to travel back and forth to mainland in a ferry. I checked with the bus operator who redirected me to ferry operator. Ferry operator is redirecting me to the UK Embassy for an answer and unable to get a response to this. If anyone had prior experience by this way of travelling, pl let me know. I dont have UK License/national card etc.

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:45 pm

I got email today from HO for booking Biometric appointment.

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:34 pm

Thanks abbasi. Is this the first correspondence that you got from UKB? Or did you get any acknowledgement letter/email?

Because, I didnt get any correspondence from UKB except payment deduction. If that is the case for you as well, then I might get an email from UKB in another 2-3 days :) :)

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:40 pm

No acknowledgement letter but I got biometric registration email today which says " The Case Reference Number shown will need to be provided in order to register.

The biometric notification letter should be received shortly. The letter must be taken to the appointment as it needs to be shown on arrival".

sc9

Post by sc9 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Hi norealidpls,

I have also received an email from HO for biometric appointment booking.

Did you get the answer of your below query, I am also interested in the same as I am also in same boat?

"1. I am hoping that I will receive the Biometric letter by next week. I applied as a single dependent. Will I be able to use the Post office (as prescribed in website) to enroll biometric, only if it has been specified in the Biometric letter? I think for single dependent they have the option to choose either the Post office or biometric center without saying? "

Many Thanks,
Sachin

norealidpls

Post by norealidpls » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi SC9,

Not yet.... I am worried that without using the PO service it will be ages to get our biometric enrollment completed.

Can seniors help here to answer my 2 queries please..