ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GSM 176 Visa Denied today

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijay2002
Newly Registered

GSM 176 Visa Denied today

Post by vijay2002 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:21 am

After more than 2 years of long wait, I received a denial from my case officer. The reason cited is "....while you have a favorable ACS assessment, the assessment date is Dec 2008 and application lodgement date is Sep 2008. According to rules, skills assessment must be done before lodging application..."

This is truly devastating. I went to the GSM website today and also saw this rule mentioned there but I don't remember seeing this rule when I had lodged my application more than 2 years ago. I used to watch this forum back then and the general feeling was that IELTS + Skills assessment should be done before a case officer is assigned to process visa application. And moreover it was assumed that authorities are humane in approach and would request documents in case they are missing or not in order.

Isn't this a case of technical absurdity? I have more than 130 points and have been patiently waiting for more than 2 years. I am thinking of filing a review but would like to hear from people as well.

sleepyeyes
Newly Registered

Post by sleepyeyes » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Oh no! But why it took 2 years?

vijay2002
Newly Registered

Post by vijay2002 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:06 pm

sleepyeyes wrote:Oh no! But why it took 2 years?
Exactly my question to the case officer but haven't heard back yet. If I should have received a +ve ACS assessment before application lodgement, then such a technical detail should have been covered while the application was being filed rather than wait for 2 years for a case officer to be assigned to let know that this requirement has not been met?