ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Migration Visa - Question

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samAG
Newly Registered

Skilled Migration Visa - Question

Post by samAG » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:25 pm

I understand this very well that my question would have been answered already, but I could not find it myself. If it has been answered please point me to correct link.

Question: With so much information getting bombarded I am getting confused about the new rules for Skilled Migration to UK. I am having 5+ years of experience into Software product Development and want to know about options I have for moving to UK. If I understand correctly I cannot apply for Tier 1 on my own as was the case earlier. Can I still apply for jobs on websites? and will the companies/consultants consider it?

Thanks
SAM

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:00 am

Spend some time here

To answer your questions,

1. The Tier 1 route is closed now, but only you could apply for the Tier 1 in the past or have an agent do it for you.

2. Now there is the Tier 2 route for which you must have at job offer in hand in prior and the employer must be willing to sponsor you.

Hope this helps,
LC

samAG
Newly Registered

Post by samAG » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:18 pm

LC, Thanks a lot for your reply.

-SAM