ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel in Europe with ILR

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chenyao
Newly Registered

Travel in Europe with ILR

Post by chenyao » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Hello,
I am a Chinese national and have ILR as the spouse of a British national having lived in the UK for nearly 3 years. I do not, however, have the document/stamp which I believe is called the family residence permit. I will be travelling with my husband and in the Czech Rep and Poland this was not an issue.
However, in order to travel to certain parts of Europe (Greece for instance) would I need to obtain this other document alongside ILR? Is it even possible for me to obtain this document/stamp and what are the stipulations?
I have looked for the doc online in UKBA but didn't really find anything that would give me a conclusive statement re what i should do.
Thank you very much for any help you can give on this issue,
Regards
Chen Yao

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:59 pm

You can start here and eventually get a residence card (that's what you are actually asking for) but I doubt that is what you want to do.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Don't see how she can get a RC as the non-EEA spouse of a UK citizen not exercising treaty rights in the UK nor having done so in another EEA member state prior to moving to the UK.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:15 pm

just get a schengen visa visa?