ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Permit Checklist

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devster
Newly Registered

Family Permit Checklist

Post by devster » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi all,

Could someone please give me the thumbs up regarding mine and my Japanese wife's Family Permit checklist?

I am an Irish citizen who has lived in the UK for about 25 years now. She is Japanese. We recently got married in Japan on the 11th April.

Here's what we will be submitting for her application to come as a family member with me as the sponsor. I'm sure this is overkill but just for my peace of mind:

- Certified (Notarised) copy of my passport (Irish)
- 6 Months of bank statements.
- 6 Months of my savings account statements (Approx £16,000)
- A letter from me about our relationship
- 6 Months of payslips from my employer
- Official letter from my employer stating my start date and current role title.
- A load of emails during our time apart
- 35 photos of us together
- A letter from my folks saying they are happy to let her stay with them. Along with proof of their ownership of the property.
- Our Japanese marriage certificate translated.
- A copy of her Japanese Koseki (family register), translated.
- Her new (she has changed her name to my surname, she being my wife and all) and old passport (Maiden name).

Hopefully my payslips, letter from employer and bank statements should tick the box about me exercising my treaty rights. The one thing I was anxious about is applying for the permit so soon after we got married. They might view this as suspicious?

If someone could give me a "Yes, this looks fine", I'd be most grateful. I know others have posted similar things but when you are dealing with something of such importance in your life you end up not believing everything you read and hear and want someone to tell you it'll all be OK. It's difficult to describe, very stressful.

Many thanks everyone!

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Indeed an enormous lot of overkill!

Leave out the emails, payslips, letter from your parents, bank statements (may be include just your most recent savings statement).

When you are married, of course you want to live together! Nothing suspicious about that.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

ur passsport

Post by toni34 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 am

i can see you didnt include ur pasport.you will need ur passport before they can consider your application.
NON EU national with RC

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: Family Permit Checklist

Post by 86ti » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:24 am

devster wrote:I know others have posted similar things but when you are dealing with something of such importance in your life you end up not believing everything you read and hear and want someone to tell you it'll all be OK.
Sorry, that statement is not very flattering. I have answered this very question just recently including links to internal documentation of the UKBA which explains what documents are needed reasonable well. Why a simple confirmation through this thread is suddenly more trustworthy only you can know?

fysicus wrote:Indeed an enormous lot of overkill!

Leave out the emails, payslips, letter from your parents, bank statements (may be include just your most recent savings statement).
As the OP is in the UK already he will have to show that he is either a qualified person or a permanent resident.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:31 am

86ti wrote:As the OP is in the UK already he will have to show that he is either a qualified person or a permanent resident.
Indeed, and the employer's letter alone should be sufficient for that purpose.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:08 am

fysicus wrote:
86ti wrote:As the OP is in the UK already he will have to show that he is either a qualified person or a permanent resident.
Indeed, and the employer's letter alone should be sufficient for that purpose.
Yes, right. I was thinking too much about how to demonstrate PR. But this obviously doesn't have any advantage here unless it was already confirmed by the UKBA.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:08 am

devster,

I assume you are in Japan and applying there. When are you and your wife planning to travel back to the UK?

Your wife has a right of free movement based on her relationship to you. As long as you are working, she can come. No need to include your financial stuff, or hers for that matter.

devster
Newly Registered

Post by devster » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi all,

Many thanks for your replies.

To Directive/2004/38/EC, actually no she is in Japan and I am in the UK. I work here so am exercising my treaty rights considerably.

I would have assumed that as I am working in this country, proof included in our application, that I could sponsor her for a family permit. We are married.

Thanks.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:26 pm

The word "sponsor" does not come up in this context. She is your wife and so she has a legal right to be living in the UK (assuming you are working and the two of you have a substantial and ongoing marriage, i.e. not a marriage of convenience).

Does she want to work during her first 6 months in the UK? If so an EEA FP will allow her to do that on arrival.

Another option is that she enters the UK without arranging the EEA FP in advance. She could fly to the UK on the next flight leaving Tokyo, and you should definitely meet her at the airport. She should carry a copy of your marriage certificate, and of your passport. Read very carefully the information at http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/ for more details. Better to get an EEA FP, but...