ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

does the HO send an acknowledgement letter?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheapFlower
Newly Registered

does the HO send an acknowledgement letter?

Post by cheapFlower » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:54 pm

hello,
sent in application for citizenship end of march (postal) with recorded delivery. I know therefore for sure that HO received application next day.

however, haven't heard anything since and band account hasn't been debited either.

is this normal not hear anything back after 3 weeks?

cheers,
CF

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:53 am

This is their busiest period with people applying

to avoid the April fee increase.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:58 am

Keep a track of the thread which deals with this. The application recd end of March have had the money taken only on 13-14th April, so there is a delay of at least 2 wks with this. You may get a letter by end of this week.
best wishes

allta

Post by allta » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Well, same here....apparently the process begins once they charge your bank account. But in my case, I didn't receive ack letter and I called them; the gentleman I spoke to said not to worry if I didn't get one as long as my bank acct has been charged that the process is on. So now I'm waiting for the case to be assigned to a caseworker.....goodluck matey!!
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

cheapFlower
Newly Registered

Post by cheapFlower » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:25 pm

cheers - just saw that HO debited my bank account.... so seems things are moving... won't worry about having no ack letter then.

obelix
Newly Registered

Post by obelix » Sat May 07, 2011 12:35 pm

cheapFlower wrote:cheers - just saw that HO debited my bank account.... so seems things are moving... won't worry about having no ack letter then.
Hi @cheapFlower, same here. I applied for naturalisation on 30th March through NCS Knowsley.
Bank account debited on 12th April but haven’t received any acknowledgement letter yet. Have you received your acknowledgement letter?

XtotheZ
Newly Registered

Post by XtotheZ » Sat May 07, 2011 4:50 pm

I guess each case is different, we received 2 acknowledgement letters! We applied through NCS on 4/4/11 and received letters dated 19th and 26th April!

awaited
Newly Registered

awaiting UKBA response

Post by awaited » Mon May 09, 2011 6:09 pm

i applied for citizenship in early Feb 2011 with my wife (dependant) and recieved confirmation of recipt before 10th of Feb. its now 13 weeks and when i called UKBA, they are still saying it is in process.
Taking a long time!!!

any ideas about the north west team or time being taken. looks like more than usual to me.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon May 09, 2011 6:12 pm

Duplicate post
applied for citizenship in early Feb 2011 with my wife (dependant) and recieved confirmation of recipt before 10th of Feb. its now 13 weeks and when i called UKBA, they are still saying it is in process.
Taking a long time!!!

any ideas about the north west team or time being taken. looks like more than usual to me.