ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What checks do UKBA perform after spouse visa submission

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skyepark

What checks do UKBA perform after spouse visa submission

Post by skyepark » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:46 am

What databases and information does the UKBA have access to in order to process the spouse visa?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 am

Lots.

What are you concerned about in particular and we can assist.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:24 am

In particular how does the UKBA check to see work history in the UK apart from using the NI number.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:38 am

HMRC Tax reference for one. I'm assuming this is due to your spouse working previously on a tourist visa.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Yes, still deciding as to whether or not to admit this work. Think we'll be better off admitting it but don't want the employers to get fined, as it will affect future employment.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:47 pm

You dont have to admit where the work took place. A simple statement to say the applicant did work and the dates would suffice, i know of someone who's husband did this and the visa was issued 3 days later.

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:36 pm

I'm not going to ask you to lie as some people may later suggest but my point is, there's no way the ukba will know whether your spouse or yourself has worked on tourist visa or not except they're extremely on to her case or you're caught red-handedly while working.

As far as I'm concern there's no way they check work history or tie someone down to working if NI number isn't registered or used. There're 100's of thousand of people sharing names and possibly thousand sharing the same name and dob. So tell me, how they'll find out if she's worked. If it's that easy they won't bother assigning officers to go look for people working illegally.

If I'm in your situation I will never admit or tell them. You should relax ukba can't get as much info as we think.
[Moderator Edit]

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:57 am

If you withhold information now and you're then found to have submitted a false statement you face a ban. If you should declare the work during the tourist visa...but as you've been correctly advised..you don't have to state where you worked and it shouldn't affect the outcome of the application.
I'm also aware of someone who was in a similar situation...worse in fact..and applied successfully having declared the illegal working, with no details of where this took place and who the employer was.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:14 am

I would rather take a chance on declaring it than not doing it as the long term implications are to to serious to imagine.

A lot of people fall foul of the law when on a visit here,but at the end of the day it is down to your intentions and actions at the time.

You can be honest with facts when caught or you can lie and cheat your way out it. The danger with the latter is your intention to decieve and it is for this reason you can get a 10 yrs ban.

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:35 am

thanks guys, its made things clearer for me, since I couldn't find cases where people did admit to working illegally. My husband will be declaring it since I think the guilt of lying is more stressful.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:45 am

I can confirm a recent successful application made in Albania..where long-term illegal working was definately declared.

ahmerrulz
Newly Registered

Help

Post by ahmerrulz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:08 am

Hi all. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate. I submitted my application on 10 July CAS from London metropolitan university( their licence is temporarily suspended) from Karachi vac. In the form where they ask do you have a NI number I wrote no Instead of writing yes. Cus I had a NI no. So will this effect my application? Do they check NI numbers? What happened was i didnt know we have to submit an online form so i took the hand written form to the vac but they asked me to bring an online form. So I rushed to the nearest cafe and filled it. And in this rush i clicked no in the NI no question.. Are you sure they def check NI numbers? I submitted my application on 10th july. If they would have checked my NI number they would have sent my application back isnt it? BUt now they have hold my application until the licence uplifted....
Is there anyone refused because of the same NI issue?