ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 year rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

matt26
Newly Registered

14 year rule

Post by matt26 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:47 am

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and i applied for my ILR under the 14 years rule on the 26 march. anyone knows how long the waiting time is? came here when i was 11yrs old and been here since, have never been in trouble with police, have good character references and acedemic qualifications. though my solicitor is possitive of approval, i can't show prove of being here for the first 2 years that i was here. i came in 1995, on a visitors' visa. i can only show documented prove from 1998. any advise especially on how long i have to wait and what my chances are?
thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:56 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:56 pm

14 year application tends to be complicated and so it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year or more.

As for your chances, I can't really comment without fully knowing your case but you say you came here aged 11 and that should be a plus point as you spent your formulative years in the UK.

rajauk

Re: 14 year rule

Post by rajauk » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:34 pm

matt26 wrote:Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and i applied for my ILR under the 14 years rule on the 26 march. anyone knows how long the waiting time is? came here when i was 11yrs old and been here since, have never been in trouble with police, have good character references and acedemic qualifications. though my solicitor is possitive of approval, i can't show prove of being here for the first 2 years that i was here. i came in 1995, on a visitors' visa. i can only show documented prove from 1998. any advise especially on how long i have to wait and what my chances are?
thanks
Hi,

My cousins applied under this rule, they also came here at a young age. Two of them received their ILR's after 16,months, third one is still waiting after 22 months.
But I have read here some people getting it within 3 months while others have waited for 3 to 4 years . Generally speaking most people get it in a year or so.
As regards to you not being able to prove your first two years that could be problem depending on which case worker you get but if you have shown them some documentary evidence to prove when you first got here you should be ok.
Best of luck anyway,
Rajauk

puzzo1
Newly Registered

Post by puzzo1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Hopefully I should hear soon or will it take another year :roll:
Last edited by puzzo1 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:54 pm

puzzo1 wrote:I have been waiting 6 years. Applied in 2005. Was contacted two weeks ago to send passport pictures and am still waiting. :(

Hopefully I should hear soon or will it take another year :roll:
sounds like you're legacy? in which case, they should complete by the summer...

puzzo1
Newly Registered

Post by puzzo1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:02 pm

joh118

I hope so and pray it will be a positive response. The 6 year delay has now taken me past 14 years and close to 17.

matt26
Newly Registered

Post by matt26 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:34 pm

joh118 wrote:14 year application tends to be complicated and so it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year or more.

As for your chances, I can't really comment without fully knowing your case but you say you came here aged 11 and that should be a plus point as you spent your formulative years in the UK.
joh118, thanks 4 your reply.

According to my solicitor my case is straight forward, as i've not left the UK since 1995, am of good character with references to prove that. i've never claim benefit and i submitted all the documents that was avialable, e.g. letters from GPs, colleges, church and all academic certificates. cause i've not been allowed to work i didn't send work related document, except a distributor letter from Avon cosmetics. please any information will be great. am turning 27 this year am so worried that i'll remian under the person supporting me, feels like prison. also the HO hasn't sent my passport and documents back its been over a month is this normal? does it mean that my application has not been passed on to a case worker?

joh118

Post by joh118 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:49 pm

it's only been a month. That is nothing.