ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chances of Survival - Work Permit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bradJ
Newly Registered

Chances of Survival - Work Permit

Post by bradJ » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:12 am

Hi Guys

Im a 20 year old South African, recently CCNA qualified with IT experience ( SA based ) As with many "2 year working holiday" gappers ive enjoyed my time here and would like to stay on.

I just have a few questions:

1. What are my chances at survival?

2. I know that in order to acquire a work permit you have to be sponsored by a company, I just dont know the most effective/honest way to request it in my CV?

3. Will my age be a factor in them considering my Work Permit?

4. Are pre-approved "we think this person will be successful" type certificates from Work Permit Application companies any good? or are they just a money making gimmick. :roll:

5. Are there any specific Agencies/Companies that think beyond (non-british> therefore effort required> cant be bothered> snub)

6. Any Brilliant advice?

Ive got 3 months to try and convince a company to employ me, and then manage to get the home-office to approve. I reaaallllyy dont feel like overstaying my welcome, nor do i feel like marrying the first British girl that comes along. :roll:

Kind Regards
BradJ
:wink: