ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Case Resolution directorate/ legacyCase from 1994?NEED HELP!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bakunai
Newly Registered

Case Resolution directorate/ legacyCase from 1994?NEED HELP!

Post by bakunai » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Dear all ,

i have a question about my asylum claim that was rejected in 1995. i lost Appeal against the decision too , same year so i'm no longer qualified under 14 Ilr on a basis of long residency my clock stopped 1n 1995 . i was advised by solicitors that there is a chance my case could fall under Case Resolution directorate / legacy case resolution scheme and as i have nothing to lose anymore i'm going to apply.

there is one important intricacy involved in my case. i came here on a tourist
visa (entered country legally) but not under my real name. i was refused visa by british embassy in Moscow due to dodgy tourist agency who messed whole thing up . so my real passport was ruined at least for a year. i arranged passport on non real name place of birth and everything , i had to do it cos had no other choice ! another attempt through reputable agency luckily was successful .
back then my solicitor told me that if i had told HO that i entered country legally but with " fictional details -passport " it would
have been considered me as illegal entrant into the country and most likely i would have failed so didn't tell all that to HO.
Well my case was refused anyway but on the ground of not having strong enough reasons to be qualified for ILR ! and was ordered
to leave the country within 30 day after losing appeal so here i am after torturous 17 years with only HO ID with my photo and work permit stamp which carried me trough miraculously all these years (i don't have passport i claimed asylum with anymore , only HO ID)

so my huge dilemma now is wether to come clean to HO that i'm here with fictional name , place of birth and everything or not . i can't describe how much i want to make everything right, but i'm afraid telling HO about that fictional passport thing might complicate things and by doing so i might jeopardize that chance i have to be successful through that legacy case resolution scheme. i haven't told to my new solicitors about that
yet as they are still solicitors and should be on right side of the low and might encourage me to tell everything to HO and by doing so blow my last chance !

people don't serve 17 year in prison for serious crimes and sometimes murderers serve less . i'm deeply convinced that i have done my sentence for committing no crime and deserve freedom. please advice me what should i do as Case Resolution directorate will stop accepting applications at the end of june 2011 so i have very little time left !

many THX

joh118

Post by joh118 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:51 pm

you don't seem to have many other options other than to apply for legacy.

do you have a family life here?

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:24 am

I fail to see that you entered the country legally if you used a false name and although you have been here 17 years and you say committed no crime and deserve freedom you have flouted the laws of the country.
We welcome people who abide by the law and contribute to society and not people who seek to exploit loopholes in the law.

Having said that I think you have very little chance given the information provided