ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Very Urgent Plz Help : Invalid Application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anjum70

Very Urgent Plz Help : Invalid Application

Post by anjum70 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi ,
I submitted application on 13th april 2011 and my visa expired on 17th april 2011 Today I got a letter from home office staing that my application is invalid due to older version of the tier 4 student extension application form , the new version was updated on 6th april 2011 which I was not aware of

In the letter they have written

"As this attempted application is invalid it does not have any bearing on the applicants immigration status. Any leave therefore is not extended by virtue of section 3c of the immigration act 1971 and the expiry of the applicant 's leave remains unaffected by this attempted application. Any subsequent valid application will be considered as being made on the date on which they are submitted to the appropriate address as specified on the application form."

Please let me know what does this paragraph means does this mean that I can still apply my new corrected application forms even if my visa is now expired and wont count towards being overstayed. Also I got the case reference number from UK boder agency

Plz Help as I need to send the application as soon as I hear from u guys

Thanks in advance

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Which version of the form did you use? There is a 21 day grace period during which you can use the most recent old version of the form however you do need to pay the current fee.

anjum70

Post by anjum70 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:02 pm

Hi,
The version that I used was old version that is Tier 4 (G) VERSION 11/10 and the new version came on 04/ 2011

In the letter it is written as

"When submitted fresh application plz ensure that the form used is the current version. most application forms have been respecified for use with effect from 6th april 2011 in line with the increase in fees and where applicable the previous versions of the form will not be valid for the applications made after 27TH APRIL 2011"

Does this means the grace period which you mentioned here is also valid for my application and so that means i can still apply for student extension and I am not considered as overstayer in uk.Any information will be of great help

I look forward to hear from you and Thanks for your time

Regards

ash786
BANNED

Re: Very Urgent Plz Help : Invalid Application

Post by ash786 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:53 pm

anjum70 wrote:Hi ,
I submitted application on 13th april 2011 and my visa expired on 17th april 2011 Today I got a letter from home office staing that my application is invalid due to older version of the tier 4 student extension application form , the new version was updated on 6th april 2011 which I was not aware of

In the letter they have written

"As this attempted application is invalid it does not have any bearing on the applicants immigration status. Any leave therefore is not extended by virtue of section 3c of the immigration act 1971 and the expiry of the applicant 's leave remains unaffected by this attempted application. Any subsequent valid application will be considered as being made on the date on which they are submitted to the appropriate address as specified on the application form."

Please let me know what does this paragraph means does this mean that I can still apply my new corrected application forms even if my visa is now expired and wont count towards being overstayed. Also I got the case reference number from UK boder agency

Plz Help as I need to send the application as soon as I hear from u guys

Thanks in advance
1. I wud recommend to apply asap with an explanation letter what happened.
2. That thing that old form is still valid for 21 or 28 days does not really work as if that was the case, they wud have accepted your application.
3. Send the application asap with postal orders and not card in case there is a problem with the payment.
4. Just to let u know that if you are thinking about long residence make sure that u apply within 10 days as one late application is acceptable within 10 days.

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:59 pm

What your letter says that since your application was invalid, you are not entitled to 28 days grace period.

So in your case, your actually are overstayer now and if you make any more applications, your immigration status considered at the time of application will not be of student.

anjum70

Post by anjum70 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi,
Thanks for all your replies . I will send the application tomorrow by considering all your replies . I will keep my fingers crossed will let u know about the outcome as i have no other way out just to send as soon as possible

In case if you any other ways or would like to provide any more light on this that will be great,

thanks

regards,

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:27 am

anjum70 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for all your replies . I will send the application tomorrow by considering all your replies . I will keep my fingers crossed will let u know about the outcome as i have no other way out just to send as soon as possible

In case if you any other ways or would like to provide any more light on this that will be great,

thanks

regards,
1. Would you update the forum regarding your application plzzz?