ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family member of non-EEA spouse of an EEA-citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stayks
Newly Registered

family member of non-EEA spouse of an EEA-citizen

Post by stayks » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Hello, I'm a bulgarian citizen, reside in the UK under the EU-treaty as self-employed. My wife is a non-EEA national who came to the UK on EEA family permit and recently obtained her EEA 5years residence permit. Now we want to bring her son to the UK, who is 14yo and a non-EEA citizen too. Does anyone here has the idea how, who is to apply for it (whether my wife or I), what kind of documents we need and approximately what is the processing time? Many thanks.

sjimoh112

Post by sjimoh112 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Either you or your wife can apply for it but your passport etc will be needed.

You should include all the documents you can to show that your wife's son qualify for an EEA family permit.

As a guide they should include: 
a copy of your EEA national passport (endorsed by your embassy in the country of application); and 
proof of their relationship to you (for example, their birth certificates or marriage certificate); and
a letter from you declaring that you are travelling with them or that they are joining you in the UK.
If they are not your spouse, civil partner, child or grandchild under 21, they must provide proof that they are dependent on you or have lived as part of your household.

Check this website for further details;

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ionals#Top
[Moderator Edit]