ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

over censorship on this forum

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bani

over censorship on this forum

Post by bani » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:33 pm

I have had a few deleted posts on this board in the last month and a half.

Most recently, I posted information about these cases
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=71324

The info contained a link which is the latest communication from UKBA and is relevant to the members of the thread who are going crazy waiting for their passports for expiry correction.

My post was deleted. No explanation. Really, can't the moderator concerned tell what is beneficial information??

It didn't used to be like this in the past, and I've been a member since 2004.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:52 pm

I believe that you were informed of the policy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bani

Post by bani » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:39 pm

I believe that instead of blanket enforcement, there's such a thing as using common sense on a case to case basis?

If UKBA contacts a group and the communication applies to many migrants, then shouldn't the information be allowed? You'd rather deprive members of new information, in this case a letter from UKBA dated last week. They don't even know they can apply for a refund of the second extension, this is the first mention from UKBA.

Also, your moderators don't have a problem with mentioning and linking the HSMP Judicial Reviews, even mentioning the group name in their posts (because that is how it appears on the UKBA website). How is this any different? I pointed that out immediately after such post, but of course my reply was deleted.