ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Doubts

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guaravd

Tier 1 Dependent Doubts

Post by guaravd » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi All,
I have gone through couple of posts which were very informative and most of my questions were answered in it. I still have couple of queries for which i am seeking clarification:
I am on tier 1 visa in UK for less then 1yr now. I wish to call my wife as my dependant, my questions are
1. The maintenance fund of £1600+800 - Can i show total £2400(1600+800) in one single account ie my dependant's account or in our joint account in india OR i have to show £1600 in her account in India and £800 in my account in UK
2. Is it mandate that primary applicant need to provide last 3 months salary slips? What if i am able to produce only 1 months salary slip as its my new job and i have got my first salary.
3. What kind of Reference letter from employer is required? Can anybody kindly provide me with any available formats.
4. What are the documents required as address proof for primary applicant? I stay in shared accommodation and i do not have any tenancy agreement. What other options i have?
5. Is it mandate to notarize the copy of primary applicant's visa and passport copy?

tuxgeeg
Newly Registered

Post by tuxgeeg » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:32 pm

I have a similar doubt.
I am in Tier 1 General having switched from Tier 1 PSW. I have been in the UK for more than 12 months. I want to apply for my wife's dependent VISA. How much maintenance fund do I need to show? The policy guidelines say 533£ for dependent and 800£ for myself.
But why 800£ for myself? I am not applying at the same time?
Can somebody shade some light on this?

Regards