ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport photocopy

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

The Husband
Newly Registered

passport photocopy

Post by The Husband » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Hello.

Does the sponsor have to give the original passport or is a photocopy fine?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Its a photocopy.

Every page must be certified by a solicitor to state that it a genuine copy of the sponsors passport.

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi

I sent my original passport with other documents and when my wife took it to gerrys they did not take it and asked for a photocopy. My wife got the photocopies the same day and submit application without getting the photocopies attested. Gerry's did not even inform her about any such requirement aswell. I sent an email to the manager at Gerry's asking if its a mistake submitting the photocopies without attestation and is it possible for them to put the attested copies with the application now? he replied as follows

Dear Mr, ,

Thank you for your email, kindly note that its not mandatory that sponsor’s passport copy must be attested, and we already have forwarded your passport to the British high commission Islamabad & we can’t send any additional document separately after submission of the passports. Applicants are instructed to submit the entire supporting document along with their passports.

For further information, please visit our website www.ukvacpk.com .We appreciate your understanding and trust in our services

Thanks and Best Regards,

Islamabad VAC Manager
UK Visa Application Centre
Gerry's International
Islamabad

www.ukvacpk.com