ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Edited! visa successful

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gaman

Edited! visa successful

Post by gaman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:15 am

Change from student to spouse visa was successful today at croydon.
I would like to share my experience here and before that thank you all so much for the help.

Went in, got priority in the queue because of my appointment,
A lady checked my documents to see if i have marriage certificate and bank statements for the last 3 months. I was then told to go upstairs and pay and wait for my call number,
Just as i finished paying my number was called,
Checked my documents - mainly marriage certificate and funds and told to wait for upto an hour. All these took about 30 minutes.
Within the next hour got my passport with the visa.
Thank you all once again and another huge thank you to John.
Regards
Last edited by gaman on Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sophiedb
Newly Registered

Post by sophiedb » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:50 am

I'm not an expert, but I would go with the truth. If everyone applied for a unmarried/spouse visa as soon as they moved in together, IND would have a lot more paperwork :)

My husband and I started living together immediately after a joint trip to his home country (New Zealand) in 2001, while he was still on a working holiday visa. No one's ever commented on it, positively or negatively.

gaman

Post by gaman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:02 pm

Thanks,