ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please I need Urgent Help Regarding My Situation!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jyde90
Newly Registered

Please I need Urgent Help Regarding My Situation!

Post by Jyde90 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:04 pm

I wouldnt say my situation is abit complicated but I will explain in detail . . . I finished my degree last year and went in for my Masters program which commenced Sept 2010. Unfortunately for me, my uncle who has been my sponsor lost his job around january and have not been able to pay my tuition.

Since I'm an alumi, I was able to apply for my visa extension using the CAS statememt alone and 1200 pounds in my account (statement of account) which was issued to me January. I now have till January 2012 before my current student visa expires. After getting series of letter from the university about my fees and how they will withdraw service if I don't pay, I was later excluded from the university.

The sad part, I got an email from the academic registrar on the 8th of april that they've notified the home office that they are no longer my sponsor which means I'm no longer a legal residence in the U.K.

I spoke to a lady at the internation office and she said the only option I have now is to apply for post study visa. I told her have been keeping 800 pounds in my account which will make 3 months on monday. My question is: What are my chances? Do I need to include any document in my application to show that I was a masters student and not just staying illegally in the u.k? I read that one has within 28 days before one become an overstayer and in my case, I received the letter on the 8th of april from the university.

I really anticipate hearing from you, though I'm new on the site but this site has helped two of my friends and thats why I'm here.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:58 pm

i dont think you are illegal at the moment. you should expect a letter from ukba very soon saying your leave has been curtailed to 60 days.

right now your status is still tier 4 migrant and will remain that until you are notified by ukba.

in any case apply for psw at the earliest opportunity. your last degree was awarded to you at what date? hopefully not before than 12 months!

cheers

ps. im not sure if uni telling you that they are not your sponsor anymore is same as ukba telling you that? perhaps someone can shed more light on it.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 pm

I also agree with arsenal49

Jyde90
Newly Registered

Post by Jyde90 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:11 pm

@arsernal and mt_diber

I must thank you for your swift responses. I finished my degree last july so I think I can still apply for psw since its not up to 12 month yet. You relieved me I must say.

Thank you so much. This is a great family!!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:17 am

As long as you have not heard from UKBA you are still legal and on your T4 visa. Hope you have not changed your address since your last leave or even if you have you have informed the UKBA since they will contact you there.

They will ask you to leave within 60days, so until then you are still T4 and will be eligible for PSW visa.

Yes your last degree shouldnt be older then 12 months

Jyde90
Newly Registered

Post by Jyde90 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:58 am

@terriblescream

I'm so greatful for your input. I will visit my old address today since its just few minutes away to see if they ve sent anything yet.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Jyde90 wrote:@terriblescream

I'm so greatful for your input. I will visit my old address today since its just few minutes away to see if they ve sent anything yet.
Your welcome :)

Jyde90
Newly Registered

Post by Jyde90 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:25 am

Just thought I should update the 'house', I went to my former place but nothing came from the home office yet so I guess I'm still safe.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Jyde90 wrote:Just thought I should update the 'house', I went to my former place but nothing came from the home office yet so I guess I'm still safe.
Good, get your PSW as soon as possible :)

Jyde90
Newly Registered

Post by Jyde90 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:40 am

Yes, I will. I intend making my application may 10th. I just hope that is not too late.

Jyde90
Newly Registered

Post by Jyde90 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Please I need some clarification regarding this: I'm thinking if I'll need to include any document with my post study application, I'm applying tomorrow (Monday). The lady at the international office suggested I include my MSc Offer letter and she also emphasized that I should not confuse them. Please I need your opinion? :( I'll also appreciate if I get a link where they specified that the visa will be cut and before this, I'm still a legal resident.
I'm greatful for your kindness.

Jyde90
Newly Registered

Post by Jyde90 » Mon May 09, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm still expecting your responses please . . .

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon May 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Jyde90 wrote:Please I need some clarification regarding this: I'm thinking if I'll need to include any document with my post study application, I'm applying tomorrow (Monday). The lady at the international office suggested I include my MSc Offer letter and she also emphasized that I should not confuse them. Please I need your opinion? :( I'll also appreciate if I get a link where they specified that the visa will be cut and before this, I'm still a legal resident.
I'm greatful for your kindness.
what do you mean include 'any document'. You only need to provide the documents specified in the applicaiton form and the guidance. You don't need to provide your Msc offer letter. it's irrelevent to a PSW application

Do you have evidence of your maintenance and your bachelors degree - e.g. certificate of award and letter from your institution? These are the main things you need

Jyde90
Newly Registered

Post by Jyde90 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:16 pm

^^

I meant if I have to include a letter pointing out that I am not an illegal resident, since I was excluded from Uni for non-payment of tuition, I did explained this above... So I'm wondering if I need any document to attach or a link where they stated that Until I receive a letter from UKBA, then I'm still a Tier 4 resident. And yes I have those documents. Printed my statement today. I'm just abit scared :(