ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

registering marriage interview

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wayblock

registering marriage interview

Post by wayblock » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm foreign national on tier 1 psw in uk and my partner english going to get married soon. We have booked appointment to register our marriage by last week of May. I heard they will ask some questions to make sure that this is a genuine marriage. Please anyone can tell me what kind of questions they can ask from us as we got no idea about this.

Many Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:14 pm

If your relationship is really genuine then why are you worried about the questions? Answer honestly to the questions asked, whatever they may be.

No offence but if you look for (probable or definite) questions to ascertain genuine relationship, people here may not believe that you are indeed in a "genuine relationship".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

wayblock

Post by wayblock » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks sushdmehta,

It is a genuine relationship, I've heard lot of stories so just asked so we don't do any mistake on first place. Our relation is genuine and we are together for about 2 years. Many thanks for your reply.

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:44 am

wayblock wrote:Thanks sushdmehta,

It is a genuine relationship, I've heard lot of stories so just asked so we don't do any mistake on first place. Our relation is genuine and we are together for about 2 years. Many thanks for your reply.
if registrar gets the impression that marriage is not genuine,he will report the home office straight away and you would expect a meeting with home office officers with police.

common principle is if a non European union is marrying a EEA citizen where they can speak each other then matter is reported to home office.

Sham marriage is a hot topic these days in media.

If yours relationship is geniue then you dont need to worry.
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:26 pm

I think Shahzad meant to say "when they can't speak to each other"..not "when they can".

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Casa wrote:I think Shahzad meant to say "when they can't speak to each other"..not "when they can".
Exactly. :lol: :lol:

Shahzad
This is not legal advice..I am not immigration consultant or solicitor so please seek legal advice for yours immigration matters