ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR after retaining right of residence

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mzenzen

PR after retaining right of residence

Post by mzenzen » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:19 pm

hi everyone,

i'm trying to understand something guys. i have retained my right of residence, so they issued me with a new RC starting from january 2011 however i dont wanna have to wait a new 5 years to get the PR when i only got 2 years left in my old RC.

So when my first RC is expiring, can i apply for PR than??????? or do i have to wait for the new 5 years to be over??

please shed some light guys..

Thanks
mzenzen

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:28 pm

PR after initial five years, I believe.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Re: PR after retaining right of residence

Post by Nimitta » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:40 am

mzenzen wrote:i have retained my right of residence, so they issued me with a new RC starting from january 2011 however i dont wanna have to wait a new 5 years to get the PR when i only got 2 years left in my old RC.

So when my first RC is expiring, can i apply for PR than??????? or do i have to wait for the new 5 years to be over??
Do you even have to wait 5 years since RC was issued? I thought 5 years start counting from the moment one starts exercising the Treaty rights, not from the moment of issuing RC. It is rather the day of applying for RC. Am I right?

But in order to get PR you have to exercise the Treaty rights since January 2011.

mzenzen

Post by mzenzen » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 am

I recieved the first RC In febuary 2008 and at that time i was excercing treaty right and i still do.. The RC i got in january 2011 is cause i retained my right of residence after divorce.. So in less than 2 years from now i will have lived in the uk for 5 years excercing treaty right.. The question is can i apply for my PR at that time or the previous three years i have lived here have been cancelled with the issue of a new RC???

Thanks
mzenzen

mzenzen

Post by mzenzen » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:53 am

I recieved the first RC In febuary 2008 and at that time i was excercing treaty right and i still do.. The RC i got in january 2011 is cause i retained my right of residence after divorce.. So in less than 2 years from now i will have lived in the uk for 5 years excercing treaty right.. The question is can i apply for my PR at that time or the previous three years i have lived here have been cancelled with the issue of a new RC???

Thanks
mzenzen

Mrfantastic
Newly Registered

Post by Mrfantastic » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 pm

mzenzen wrote:I recieved the first RC In febuary 2008 and at that time i was excercing treaty right and i still do.. The RC i got in january 2011 is cause i retained my right of residence after divorce.. So in less than 2 years from now i will have lived in the uk for 5 years excercing treaty right.. The question is can i apply for my PR at that time or the previous three years i have lived here have been cancelled with the issue of a new RC???

Thanks
mzenzen u can apply five years from the day you got married to your eea national.

mzenzen

Post by mzenzen » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Ri dont think that will be possible in my case.. As i got married in germany and moved to the UK. Year after marriage.. But are you saying that i can ignore my 2nd RC and calculate the 5 years based on the 1st RC?

Thanks
mzenzen

Mrfantastic
Newly Registered

Post by Mrfantastic » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:47 pm

mzenzen wrote:Ri dont think that will be possible in my case.. As i got married in germany and moved to the UK. Year after marriage.. But are you saying that i can ignore my 2nd RC and calculate the 5 years based on the 1st RC?

Thanks
when did u move to the uk? from my own understanding, i think your 5years residence starts counting from the moment u moved to the uk and your eea national starts exercising treaty right here, the second residence card is just a mere confirming documents, i'm due to apply for my eea 4 this year and that will be from 5years from my wedding anniversary.

khan2015

Re: PR after retaining right of residence

Post by khan2015 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:44 am

mzenzen wrote:hi everyone,

i'm trying to understand something guys. i have retained my right of residence, so they issued me with a new RC starting from january 2011 however i dont wanna have to wait a new 5 years to get the PR when i only got 2 years left in my old RC.

please shed some light guys..

Thanks
Hi Mzenzen,just to tell you you don't have to wait for further 5 years once you completed your 5 years on your marriage you need to show after retaining your right you was working in uk and then you can apply for your PR.100% sure
onething i would like to ask you as you retained your right in uk what did you show about the treaty rights of your wife means did you show for whole 3 years her treaty rights or only from divorce of initiation till decree absloute.so law says at the time of initiation till decree absolute you have to show the treaty rights for your wife.
please guide me .thanks

mzenzen

Post by mzenzen » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi khan.. Thanks for you reply.. As for your question.. I did show that my ex was exercing treaty right since the day we moved to the uk until the day of the decree absolute.. Sent her p60 and a letter from her employer.. Hope this answers your question.
mzenzen

mzenzen

PR Recieved!

Post by mzenzen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi guys,

just thought i'll post that I recieved my PR just to cheer up anyone who is applying and who has the same case as mine.

the surprising part about recieving this PR is that I applied on the 22 of January 2013 and it was issued on the 20th of Febuary 2013 and received on the 21st! which i think was very fast judging by my previous experiences with them! I'm glad it went this way :)

Cheers everyone
mzenzen

Manimba
Newly Registered

Post by Manimba » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 pm

lucky u, congs

mzenzen

Post by mzenzen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Many thanks :))
mzenzen

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: PR Recieved!

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:41 pm

mzenzen wrote:Hi guys,

just thought i'll post that I recieved my PR just to cheer up anyone who is applying and who has the same case as mine.

the surprising part about recieving this PR is that I applied on the 22 of January 2013 and it was issued on the 20th of Febuary 2013 and received on the 21st! which i think was very fast judging by my previous experiences with them! I'm glad it went this way :)

Cheers everyone
Could you share what evidence have you provided with the application? Did you provide your ex passport and treaty rights evidence for the years you were married?

mzenzen

Post by mzenzen » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:47 pm

I basically sent the same documents that I provided for my "retention of right of residence after divorce" in addition to all my paylips and bank statements of after the divorce up until now. and of course my passport and the application form.

No i didnt sent my ex-wife's passport! it's not a requirement.
mzenzen