ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Queries on Dependent Visa:

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

Few Queries on Dependent Visa:

Post by coolsats » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Hey Guys, please help me with the below queries:

1) Am getting married on July 8th , and my bank statement are printed on 1st of every month and i usually receive it by 3rd of each month. But am leaving for India on 26th June, so wont have the 3rd statement ready for the dependent visa, and after having a word with my personal banker he said he can print the statements till 25th with all the entries on the original stationary and will sign and attest it. The only difference will be that it wont have the address, but will have the account number and sort code and all other details. Is this okay guys.

2) Am staying with my uncle here, and don't have any tenancy agreement. Is it mandatory to have the tenancy agreement. However i can get a letter from my uncle stating that i can stay with him. Can somebody please give me the format for this or the words that i need to put in this letter.

3) Am holding an orange contract and usually call my fiance using calling card, so how do I prove in the telephone bill that its my wife am calling because the bill will only show the the local access number and not my wife's number.
My wife sends me email using his brothers email id. If i print those emails will it create an issue, as it is not on her name.

4) On the VAF 10 form on PART 7 there is question that says:
How are you related to the main applicant?
What is the exact word I need to put in here.

Regards... :)

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Few Queries on Dependent Visa:

Post by terriblescream » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 pm

coolsats wrote:Hey Guys, please help me with the below queries:

1) Am getting married on July 8th , and my bank statement are printed on 1st of every month and i usually receive it by 3rd of each month. But am leaving for India on 26th June, so wont have the 3rd statement ready for the dependent visa, and after having a word with my personal banker he said he can print the statements till 25th with all the entries on the original stationary and will sign and attest it. The only difference will be that it wont have the address, but will have the account number and sort code and all other details. Is this okay guys.

2) Am staying with my uncle here, and don't have any tenancy agreement. Is it mandatory to have the tenancy agreement. However i can get a letter from my uncle stating that i can stay with him. Can somebody please give me the format for this or the words that i need to put in this letter.

3) Am holding an orange contract and usually call my fiance using calling card, so how do I prove in the telephone bill that its my wife am calling because the bill will only show the the local access number and not my wife's number.
My wife sends me email using his brothers email id. If i print those emails will it create an issue, as it is not on her name.

4) On the VAF 10 form on PART 7 there is question that says:
How are you related to the main applicant?
What is the exact word I need to put in here.

Regards... :)
1. This kind of statement is also fine as long as it bears the bank logo, stamp, ur name and account number. The statement should not be older than 1 month on the date of application

2. Yes a letter from your uncle should do and anything that suggests that the property is owned by him(which would also state how many bedrooms are here) this is avoid any crowding in the house. I think you can also call the council and they come and inspect the property to see how many people can be accomodated.

3. Just show your bills and tell them your situation, as you have told here.

4. Husband/Spouse.

Include your marriage certificate(translated to english if it is not already), include your WEDDING CARD, Wedding Pictures, confirmation of any hall booked for reception etc.

finally
Good Luck

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Agree with terriblescream on all the points. Also if you are still worried about the bank statement, you could ask your uncle to DHL that to you when it arrives. Takes not more than a couple of days.
Goodluck.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Thanks for the response guys..

Got two more queries listed below, pls advice:

1) Am working in the UK for more than a year now, and so need to show £800 for myself and £1600 for my Wife(pls correct me if am wrong here) Total £2400. But am maintaining more than £20,000 in my current account. In the letter from the bank can I state that am maintaining more than £20,000 for the last three months instead of £2400. Is it okey.

2) Is it absolutely necessary to have the tenancy agreement, because as I can recall its not on the guidence and not necessary and we just show it to be on the safer side. Is it correct guys...

Regards...

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:54 am

Somebody please reply....!!!

raviktiwari
Newly Registered

Few Queries...

Post by raviktiwari » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:36 am

Don't worry and don't get excited . There's a simple rule of thumb:

You can submit only those documents that you have. So that means you can submit tenancy agreement. Chapter CLOSED.

Meanwhile there is no rule to submit a tenancy agreement. All you need to prove is that you have a place to stay and to be honest with you it can be hotel also.. but then you need to prove that you have enough money to be in hotel for whatever time period you want.

Solution:

Part 1:
Get a letter from your uncle saying that, "I (his name) owns a 2/3 BHK house at this address and am happy to accommodate Mr. (your name) till you get an accommodation for yourself.

If he does not own the house then he has to get a NoC from his landlord stating same thing (slightly different) something like: Since you are your uncle's relative, I am happy to let Mr (you) stay with Mr (your uncle).

You will also have to ensure that his property is big enough to accommodate everyone, which means if your uncle has 2 kids aged more than 12 yrs each then legally he will need 3 rooms (one for himself and his wife) and 2 rooms for his 2 kids. So if he has to accommodate you, he needs to have a 4BHK house.

Part 2:
Please avoid any unnecessary explanation like your telephone bills to prove you are talking to your wife and email address from someone else's id... these things make case look more fishy. Will you believe me if I tell you that Ms X is my wife and proof is these access numbers and some emails from someone else's id? So avoid unnecessary discussion and explanation.

Just write your relationship as Husband and for prove give Marriage certificate. And pls for goodness sake this time don' get the certificate made in the name of lawyer. :-)

Recommendation:

Part 1:
In my opinion best solution for you will be to go to your country, get married enjoy time with your family and spouse, get the marriage certificate made make a photocopy and keep it with you (leave original with your wife) and you return to the UK - alone.

Part 2:
Rent a property in your name (assuming that you don't plan to stay with your newly wed wife in your uncle's place) get all paper work done including tenancy agreement, gas and electricity bill, council tax bill and so on.

Part 3:
Send her all documents in proper order, book an appointment at VFS (online) and tell her to go and apply for the visa.

I believe it gets issued in less than 2 weeks and then you or she can book a ticket and come down to UK and you can pick her up from the airport.

Pls don't send your friend with your ID card or phone bill explaining her that he is your friend and has come to pick her up.

Everything in this world looks good when it is neat, clean, simple and straight. Isn't it? :-)

All the best for your marriage and wish you a happy married life ahead.