ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Visa Approved from India :-)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fredi
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Visa Approved from India :-)

Post by fredi » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi All,

I recently applied for Tier-1 PSW from India and got the approval :D . Now I'm back in UK. I thought of sharing you my experience so that it will be helpful for others. Following are the documents submitted

1. Original letter from university confirming award, start and end date, course details, award date and confirmation that certificate will be issued on graduation day (date mentioned).

2. Bank letter confirming funds for more than 90 consecutive days and least balance in the period.

3. Conditional Offer letter from a major automotive company (I enclosed this so as to speed up my visa processing; However this is not mandatory)

My funds were in ICICI. The bank statement from ICICI was not showing all the details what UK BA want. So I thought of applying visa only with a bank letter as per policy guidance. ICICI officials gave me the letter on pre-printed bank letter head as per my request.

Document and Biometric submission date: 30-March-2011
Visa Application Processed: 18-April-2011
Passport Recieved with T1 PSW stamp: 20-April-2011

Also those T1 PSWs, who are aiming to travel to UK, be prepared with all your documents. When I arrived at UK airport, they questioned me for 15-20 mins, to check whether I'm here for low skilled job or not. Also they cross checked my finger prints. They became quite supportive as soon as I showed my offer letter.

My wife also got her dependent visa. She applied along with me and submitted marriage certificate and her bank statement.

Many thanks for all who supported me.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Fredi

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Tier-1 Visa Approved from India :-)

Post by terriblescream » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm

fredi wrote:Hi All,

I recently applied for Tier-1 PSW from India and got the approval :D . Now I'm back in UK. I thought of sharing you my experience so that it will be helpful for others. Following are the documents submitted

1. Original letter from university confirming award, start and end date, course details, award date and confirmation that certificate will be issued on graduation day (date mentioned).

2. Bank letter confirming funds for more than 90 consecutive days and least balance in the period.

3. Conditional Offer letter from a major automotive company (I enclosed this so as to speed up my visa processing; However this is not mandatory)

My funds were in ICICI. The bank statement from ICICI was not showing all the details what UK BA want. So I thought of applying visa only with a bank letter as per policy guidance. ICICI officials gave me the letter on pre-printed bank letter head as per my request.

Document and Biometric submission date: 30-March-2011
Visa Application Processed: 18-April-2011
Passport Recieved with T1 PSW stamp: 20-April-2011

Also those T1 PSWs, who are aiming to travel to UK, be prepared with all your documents. When I arrived at UK airport, they questioned me for 15-20 mins, to check whether I'm here for low skilled job or not. Also they cross checked my finger prints. They became quite supportive as soon as I showed my offer letter.

My wife also got her dependent visa. She applied along with me and submitted marriage certificate and her bank statement.

Many thanks for all who supported me.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,
Fredi
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, but PSW visa allows you to do any kind of job in the UK, although I know UKBA is getting very strict these days and we have some evidence from you now :)

sravanthi
Newly Registered

Post by sravanthi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:34 am

Hi i appiled for PSW on 31st march in chennai. But visa is still under processing. from where did u apply for visa?

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:53 pm

sravanthi wrote:Hi i appiled for PSW on 31st march in chennai. But visa is still under processing. from where did u apply for visa?
Every post that issue's entry clearance have their own processiing times, some applications are processed quicker while some take time.

please check the guide to processing times, choose your post where you applied and you will know

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

fredi
Newly Registered

Post by fredi » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:16 pm

Hi sravanthi,

I applied at VFS Cochin which was processed at Chennai High Commission.

As terriblescream adviced some applications takes longer. It may depend on the ECO as well. No need to worry. All the very best.

Fredi