ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension in person with Driving disqualification.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cruzez

Tier 1 extension in person with Driving disqualification.

Post by cruzez » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi When I applied for initial Tier 1 through solicitor, He did not ask me if i had any convictions, At that time i didnt even care how application looked like and had no idea what he was filling i gave him doc details he wanted. I recived visa. At that time I had 4 points on my licence for speeding

Now I am applying myself for extension in person at croydon on 1week of May.
After geting 1st visa in last 3 years I recived 6 points driving without insurance. and few months later 3 points again for speeding. Reached over 12 points So went to court paid huge fine got disqualified for 6 months. But I re-took whole driving tests everythin and got new Driving licence and been driving so far its clean. on its counter part it only says disqualified. doesnt have any previous conviction

I am really worried now:( i have so many convictions plus 1 trafic offence i dont think been mentioned in initial tier 1 visa.

How do i go about now? Should I mention whole story of convictions or just mention disqualifed? or shall i hide 1st one and just mention next two ie insurance 6points and speeding 3 points?

I heard since April 2011, Home office taken very serious even on driving convictions and they denying visas based on these facts.

Please tell me any one who had similar problem applied after 6 april 2011 got their visa??

Rest of application is fine got enough points.

One thing worrying me is I didnt maintain £800 in one account its been spread across 3 accounts one of them overdraft while other with +ve.
But last 3 months as whole despite over draft, going less and going high I always had more than £800 suppose if i wanted to take money out mean even after paying overdraft money.

Anybody's response will be much appriciated.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:14 pm

1. Do not hide anything from UKBA explaing them using a covering letter, if they find out from other means you could be banned for 10 years, using deception.

2. The funds do not have to be in one account and can be spread as long as they are in +ve and you have 800 over the 3 months, no over drafts allowed.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:19 am

1. Find out if you have an unspent conviction.
2. If there is/are any, submit change of circumstances form without delay.
3. Declare all traffic offences and unspent convictions (if any) honestly when applying for extension, if and where the application form asks for such information.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:52 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Find out if you have an unspent conviction.
3. Declare all traffic offences and unspent convictions (if any) honestly when applying for extension, if and where the application form asks for such information.
I spent few hours on google. According rehabilitation act any fixed penalties will last upto 5 years.
Disqualification last till time of disqualification ends. So this considered as spent conviction. In my case its 6 months.
Called dvla, they told me I have t99 which will wipe all the points that lead to disqualification hence no longer valid. They hold no information various convictions i had like speeding and no insurance
If previous points no longer valid then do they still be considered as unspent convictions?

From Insurance point of view I should declare.
According to Rehabilitation act I don't need to
Should I still be need to declare it if conviction considered as Spent.?

I guess from extension point of view its not much of problem but when it comes to Indefinate Leave whole different story. People with valid fixed penalties , one or two driving offences not eligible[last 5 years]. But people with more than 12 points and more than 3 or 4 driving offences are eligible to apply because their huge offences they get 6 month ban and after 6 months they are clean from all conviction. Am I right?

cruzez

Post by cruzez » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:09 pm

I did my credit check on Equifax [similar to credit expert] it showed me excellent record and no unspent convictions for offences.

daythatnevercomes
Newly Registered

Post by daythatnevercomes » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi,

First of all I am no expert by any means. But my advic to you would be to NOT hide anything. Probably you could explain all this in a letter with the applicaiton.

regards

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:44 pm

cruzez wrote:
I did my credit check on Equifax [similar to credit expert] it showed me excellent record and no unspent convictions for offences.
A credit check doesn't show unspent convictions.