ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEED HELP ON FOLLOWINGS ON ILR PLEASE...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AkramCader
Newly Registered

NEED HELP ON FOLLOWINGS ON ILR PLEASE...

Post by AkramCader » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:34 am

Hi there,

I am planing to apply for the ILR after 5 yrs on WP, well I am applying with my wife and very new born pre-mature baby. My question are ?

* Do I have to add my baby to the ILR? Since the baby is pre matured, we are not allowed to take any picture due to his medical condition.

or If I applied without my son? can I apply his passport once after he settled?

Can someone please advice me as soon as possible.

many thanks
Akram Cader[/b]

joh118

Re: NEED HELP ON FOLLOWINGS ON ILR PLEASE...

Post by joh118 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:42 am

AkramCader wrote:Hi there,

I am planing to apply for the ILR after 5 yrs on WP, well I am applying with my wife and very new born pre-mature baby. My question are ?

* Do I have to add my baby to the ILR? Since the baby is pre matured, we are not allowed to take any picture due to his medical condition.

or If I applied without my son? can I apply his passport once after he settled?

Can someone please advice me as soon as possible.

many thanks
Akram Cader[/b]
there's no need to include the baby in the ILR application. Once you or your wife is granted, you can apply for registration as a british citizen for your UK born children.

Can I register a child aged under 18 as a British citizen?

AkramCader
Newly Registered

Post by AkramCader » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:21 am

Hi Joh118,

Thanks for the advice, still I have already booked the appointment for three os us, will that be a problem if I cancel my baby now ?

Thanks

Akramcader

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:03 am

Not a problem, keep your appointment, explain that you are not including the child's application for now due to medical condition.
Best wishes

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 am

No need to include baby, if born in the UK, with your ILR application. However, they may want you to include the baby to get the extra fee or if baby is travelling before being granted British citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AkramCader
Newly Registered

life in th UK test

Post by AkramCader » Thu May 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi there,

I'm on a wp and my wife is on a dependant visa, and we are planing to apply for the ILR next week? And I have passed my Kol test,

I got two question to ask, can you please respond to me .

1 - what my wife didn't pass the KOL test prior to the UKBA appnt? Cos her visa expires same as mine, can I apply alone or any other ways?

2 - Do I have to covering letter to my application? Is there any format for that?

Please help me on this pls.

Thanks

Akram Cader

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 05, 2011 3:05 pm

If she hasn't satisfied the KOL requirements, then she may switch to FLR(M) (A1 test required), subject to you being granted ILR.
Last edited by vinny on Thu May 05, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AkramCader
Newly Registered

Post by AkramCader » Thu May 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks for the quick respond.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 12, 2011 1:57 pm

AkramCader wrote:Hi,

I am a WP holder finishing 5 years and planning to apply for the ILR next Monday. I have already booked the appointment for me and my wife, I have passed my KOL test unfortunately my wife did not.

My question is? Can my wife go to the interview with me and apply or does she have to apply in any other way?

And she is looking after our new born baby who born pre-maturer, she is exhausted last few months and before. Is there a possibility apply without test under Exceptional compassionate circumstances exemption

Please advice me mule soon as please.

thanks
1. If she has not passed LITUK / KOL but applies for settlement, she will be refused.
2. Exemption does not apply in this case.
3. She should switch to FLR(M), as already suggested.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!