ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension - IT Contractor - Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

job.leet
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension - IT Contractor - Please help

Post by job.leet » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi.

I got my Tier 1 visa in july 2008. It is up for renewal in july 2011 and thinking of filing my application towards start of may(is it too early??). I would be grateful if you can answer following questions please.

1 Salary Criteria - I need to show 20000 GBP per year as salary to be eligible for extension.

Im a IT Contractor with a limited company with only myself in it as director. I have paid myself 12000 as salary and 19000 as dividends till date for last one year.

will the above make me eligible to claim all required points for extension?

will they consider dividends while giving out points for salary? what evidence i need to attach for dividends?

Im attaching

Payslips april 2010 to may 2011
P60 for 2010/2011
bank statements
Letter from accountant

Is their anything else i need to attach to prove my pay and claim points for it?

Thanks for your time and appreciate you help

Cheers

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:35 am

I got my Tier 1 visa in july 2008. It is up for renewal in july 2011 and thinking of filing my application towards start of may(is it too early??). I would be grateful if you can answer following questions please.
Hi. I have the same scenario as you. My visa is due for renewal in June 2010. Applying atleast 1 month in advance is recommended. If you apply earlier, you may fall short of your duration for ILR.
1 Salary Criteria - I need to show 20000 GBP per year as salary to be eligible for extension.

Im a IT Contractor with a limited company with only myself in it as director. I have paid myself 12000 as salary and 19000 as dividends till date for last one year.

will the above make me eligible to claim all required points for extension?

will they consider dividends while giving out points for salary? what evidence i need to attach for dividends?
Yes. Dividends are considered. You will have to show proofs from 2 different sources. 1. Dividend vouchers and 2. personal bank stms would be required.

Also, see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=75904 and http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=75790

job.leet
Newly Registered

what king of invoices ? -

Post by job.leet » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:22 pm

Hussain - Sorry to hear that your application was put on hold.

Invoices - what kind? invoices from the end client to business which i dont think is really necessary.

providing business bank statements do make sense..

Accounts - My companies annual accounts are done in september every year - i can provide annual accounts done for the year until 2010...

what about u ?

also im thinking of applying in person at PEO instead of avoiding all these head aches....what do you reackon? how early should i do it ? - avoiding problems for ILR next year

keep us posted about your application progress. hope you will get it approved soon:)

thanks for your time

job.leet
Newly Registered

format for the letter from accountant

Post by job.leet » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Also hussain -can you post format for the letter from the accountant please? - deleting any personal details you have.

Thanks

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:48 pm

It wasn't my app that was put on hold. You can find templates of the letters http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ate+letter

rockwei
Newly Registered

Post by rockwei » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:11 pm

i am also a contract through my limited company. but i only paid salay. so, does payslip and personal bank statement will be enough?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:22 pm

i am also a contract through my limited company. but i only paid salay. so, does payslip and personal bank statement will be enough?
Ideally. But its better to have an accountants letter if possible.