ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW DEPENDENT VISA REFUSED PLZ HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srinil123
Newly Registered

PSW DEPENDENT VISA REFUSED PLZ HELP

Post by srinil123 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi,

I have dropped my psw dependent visa at hyderabad on 24th march 2011 and got the outcome on 18th april 2011 saying the visa has been refused and the reason the officer mentioned was

you have applied to join ur spouse who has been in uk since november 2010as he has not beein in uk for more than 12 months you are required to show 2,400 pounds for your husband and 1600 for yourselves in total 4,400 pounds you have not shown enough funds as per the guidance and there is no evidence of subsisting relationship and no evidence of contact since your spouse left.....

Here begings the story me and my husband were leaving in uk since 2007 and i myself had psw visa which expired on 8th april 2011 we decided to get married and he got his psw visa on 28th june 2010 we got married on 2oth march 2011 and the funds that we showed are 533+533+533+800=2,399 pounds on the website it is mentioned if the main applicant has been in uk for more than 12 months they never care to mention if the main applicant has been in uk on tier1 visa for more than 12 month which is actually a Conn in the first place my husband was issued his psw visa on 28th june but this entry clearance officer for some reason claims he has been in uk since november 2010 god knows why?we rang several times to vfs hyderabad contact center and we were confirmed that as my husband is in uk he need not have to show any funds for himself all he needs to show is 1600 pounds for myself for 3 months and that is what is required i didnt want to appeal as i dont want to end up waiting for 6 to 9 months as there is no point in waiting decided to make a fresh application again but now scared to do it the reason being my husband emailed the uk border agency to double check regards to funds and they have emailed today saying no matter you are in uk you still need to show funds for yourselves and for your wife but they didnt bother to confirm the figures of the funds which is really getting ridiculous now people at hyd say 1600 is enough you will get visa and the uk border agency claims you both need to show funds but dont bother to confirm the figures we produced marriage certificate original wedding card as well as wedding snaps even then the entry officer was not satisfied i am really getting frustrated and no where to go any help and guidance would be most appreciated please guide me in advising which is right and which is wrong the funds that we have been maintaining in my husbands account are they enough to make a fresh application now or do we need to wait till the end of this june of this year and then drop the visa plz help us guys....

Thank you,

Regards,
Siri

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 pm

if you have ignored whatever anyone has said and read the POLICY GUIDANCE on the UKBA website you would not have a problem. It clearly states what evidence of funds you need to show when been in the UK for less than 12 months or more than 12 months.

Forget what people are saying just follow the POLICY GUIDANCE on website, its in black and white and its the rules. The rest is hearsay

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:31 pm

if your husband has been in the UK for more than 12 months then as per guidance you are correct and need to appeal against it though be advised it may take a while if you appeal. I would go for a fresh application and add a cover letter explaining all the points which would help the caseworker as caseworkers are puppets and follow the strict guidelines

srinil123
Newly Registered

Post by srinil123 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:11 am

mtuckersa wrote:if you have ignored whatever anyone has said and read the POLICY GUIDANCE on the UKBA website you would not have a problem. It clearly states what evidence of funds you need to show when been in the UK for less than 12 months or more than 12 months.

Forget what people are saying just follow the POLICY GUIDANCE on website, its in black and white and its the rules. The rest is hearsay
Hi,

Firstly thank you for taking time to reply back for my query well we did go through the policy guidance and as per that as my husbands psw visa has been issues on 28th june 2010 obviously it has been less than 12 months they have clearly mentioned that we have to maintani 533+533+533+800 in total 2,399 pounds we didnt read here and there on forums to gather information blindly we did go through it and followed it but still the eco was not satisfied and refused she claims my husband has been in uk from november 2010 which is incorrect if that make sense....

Cheers,
siri

srinil123
Newly Registered

Post by srinil123 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:17 am

innocentdevil wrote:if your husband has been in the UK for more than 12 months then as per guidance you are correct and need to appeal against it though be advised it may take a while if you appeal. I would go for a fresh application and add a cover letter explaining all the points which would help the caseworker as caseworkers are puppets and follow the strict guidelines
Hey thanks for replying back on the forum which is much appreciated well yeah if we want we can appeal but we are not willing to wait for months for the outcome and there is no point so decided to go for a fresh application but now totally confused by the vfs india guys and the uk border agency people as the former one claims as my hubby is in uk he need not have to show any funds and all he need to show is 1600 pounds for 3 months and the later one claims it doesnt matter if your hubby is in uk he still needs to show funds for himself as well as for myself but didnt bother to confirm the funds that we need to show so rang up again today vfs india people to find out whats going on they still say the information that we have been trained and given is right please email the address on the website which is did on 18th april 2011 and today i received an email saying your query has been passed to an appropriate department for an appropriate reply i am really getting pissed off here we cant go anywhere i am stuck here and my hubby in uk and that is the reason why i am here on this forum so that people can guide us thanks once again for replying back....

Cheers,
siri